Everyone around the internet is posting their Super Bowl predictions or season projections, but I personally think it would be cool to guess who the top five teams will be in the NFL Draft next year.
So instead of predicting the best teams, we want to predict what team will lose the most. When opening football odds were released this past week, Kansas City Chiefs opened as firm favorites over Houston for the first fixture of the season. Kansas and Baltimore Ravens are also the top two teams that are projected to win the Super Bowl. I honestly cannot dispute that, I think both will make a run, but what teams are going to be tanking for Trevor Lawrence? That is the big question for me. So let’s take a look at who we believe will have the top five picks in the 2021 NFL Draft, starting at pick 5 going to the top overall selection.
5.) Cincinnati Bengals – Joe Burrow has a decent first year but the NFL’s speed is hard to get used to. He is able to lead his team to five wins, but they have too many team needs. Their offensive line does not help, Burrow runs for his life and their OL leads the NFL in sacks allowed in 2020.
4.) Houston Texans – Bill O’Brien like Doug Marrone should be fired. BOB traded DeAndre Hopkins and it comes back to bite him. The Texans are horrible and end up with a top five pick. The Texans have tons of holes and many of their players are aging. The Texans begin to start trading players mid year after losing the locker room. Texans win four games.
3.) Washington Redskins – In their first year under Ron Rivera the defense makes a ton of improvements, but their offense cannot get the ball moving. They win four games but they are in the top five again. Their defensive front is tough, but their quarterback play is horrible. Kyle Allen takes over mid season, and they regret not signing Cam Newton.
2.) Jacksonville Jaguars – How do the Jaguars go from an elite team to picking second in the NFL? It is simple, COACHING. Doug Marrone is not the answer, but they continue to ride with him. Gardner Minshew suffers an injury and by the end of the year, five different quarterbacks cannot get the job done. Jaguars fire everyone, and start over. Jaguars win three games.
1.) Chicago Bears – I really want the Bears to win because I love their fanbase, but I cannot see this team rallying behind Nick Foles or Mitch Trubisky. The Bears need a quarterback bad and I think this is the year to tank. Landing a player like Trevor Lawrence can change quite a bit for the Bears. They finish with 2 wins in 2020, and win the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dontè Simmons, RB, Delaware Valley University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/donte-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Imagine if all the 5 star athletes committed to HBCU schools? - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/hbcu-4/ @HBCUDigest @HBCUGameday… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Eric Barriere Jr., QB, Eastern Washington nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/eric-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Bryan Mills, CB, North Carolina Central University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/bryan-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Mason Sikes, TE, Boise State University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/mason-… @masonsikes22… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago