- Name: Stephen Griffin
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 208
- Position: CB/S
- College: NC State
- Twitter: @Cover21_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Charlotte, NC! I love my city because of the people and my whole family lives there.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, film study, strength and conditioning. I feel like practice is the most important because you can’t beat live reps, and then you need film study to slow down those live reps and also to study your opponent. Last but definitely not least you need the weight room so you won’t get pushed around.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Making sure I exhaust my talents to reach my full potential, because I don’t want to live with “what if’s”.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I didn’t make the all star baseball team in 6th grade, so I worked really hard all year so I would be ready for the tryouts next year, and the work I put in paid off.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My athleticism
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Derrick Henry
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Human Resources
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member, family over everything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Scarface, because he was respected.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Seeing my grandfather pass away and watching him get weaker by the days. I just had to find peace in the situation and be there for my family members.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Falling down when I was Running out the tunnel in 9th grade.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• When I was at Tennessee and we were playing Kentucky, it was third down and they were in the red zone and I met the running back in the hole and forced a fumble.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Thug Motivation 101 by Young Jeezy
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Grandfather, just to tell him that I loved him one more time.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Stephon Gilmore
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I’d rather be respected than to be popular.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor, because what happened to him was out of his control.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents, they’ve done so much for me and little sister, I feel like I owe them the world.