Hello I am @jrberendzen on Twitter and this is one of my free agent interviews where I ask very deserving free agents questions about the players themselves and about what a team would get in these players. All of these players should get picked up by NFL and CFL teams and get a shot at being a career football player. So I hope you all read this interview and follow Sola’s journey. Make sure you follow him on Twitter at @itssolatime
1.What do you do for fun?
I spend my free time hanging out with my friends, going out to eat, and playing active games. I enjoy playing spikeball, volleyball, tossing the frisbee, board games like Settlers of Catan and Codenames and having meaningful discussions. Throughout the year I’ll travel a bit to visit family and friends in new places and do things I’ve never done. Last year I was able to visit a few new countries.
2.What is your favorite movie?
3.What is your mindset when you are on the football field?
My football mindset is all about execution. I’m a big believer in following the program: in training, in practice, and on the field. I typically have a clear mind so I’m not worrying about the little things or overstressing/overthinking myself. I trust my training and the gameplan designed by the coaches and I execute.
4.What is your favorite drink?
Juice – I love all kinds. Aldi low key has some of the best juice for only $1.29.
5.If you were on an island and could only have 3 things which 3 things would you have?
If I was alone: anytime of workout band, a blanket, and my Bible. If I was with others, I’d swap the workoutband with spikeball.
6.What is your dream car?
Don’t have one.
7. Goal for your football career?
My goal is to inspire others to achieve their greatest selves despite whatever setbacks they face. My story of how I ended up in a position to play professionally is motivating to me and potentially others because of how little ‘hype’ I’ve ever had, the small school I played at, and the personal tragedies and adversities my family and I had to overcome to get here. I want to make an impact with a winning program in the NFL.
8.What is your favorite dinner?
It would be either Naija (Nigerian) food, seafood, steak, Indian, or Cantonese cuisine.
9. Who is your favorite musical artist?
I don’t have one favorite but several I really enjoy listening to include Justin Bieber, SZA, Lauv, Drake, Bad Bunny, Cardi B, Bazzi, Burna Boy and Young Thug
10. What would a team get in a player like you?
They’d get a relentless, optimistic, gritty player that only desires to improve personally and help the team. I’d bring a selfless attitude and a servant leadership that’d help out any program.
11.if you were an animal which animal would you be and why ?
I’d be a lion because what makes a lion ferocious is not the way it was born or the food it eats, it’s the chase of it embarks on every single day. In much the same way I am and will continue to be successful in my goals because of my daily hunt. Every day I’ve got to get up and work!
12. If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
Right now I’d live in Colombia so I could work on my Spanish and enjoy the landscape.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Ivory Scott, OL, Arkansas State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ivory-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Friday Night NFL Injury Report for Week 12 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/week-1… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1MejcxfGxA
about 34 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Chris Carson Injury Update, Will he return in week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/chris-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Julio Jones Injury Update, Could he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Salvon Ahmed Injury Update, Ruled out already for Week 12, OUCH… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago