- Name: Khalil Johnson
- Height: 6050
- Weight: 310
- Position: DT/DE
- College: Memphis/Delta State
- Twitter: @KhaliljohnsonA1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Oakcliff, Texas. It’s a beautiful place. I moved there from Atlanta, Georgia at the age of 9. We moved around quite a bit, but it was fun. I wouldnt change anything from my childhood. What love most would be it forced us to survive and think about abnormal possibilities.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would list practice as the most important. I believe football is repetition so practice is needed for me to be at my best. The next would be film study. I have to gain an edge on my opponent and correct my weakness. I love watching film. Then 3rd would be Strength and conditioning. In my eyes I put all 1a 1b and 1c. They are all important to me and love both. I want a long and productive career. So I will need all three.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family. Anything else I leave to god. I control what I can.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My greatest failure was my knowledge of the game. Coming in I lacked defensive line instincts. I watched countless hours of film, stayed after practice and worked in my stance, pass rush moves, and knowledge of the game.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality would be my honesty. My hard work as well. The best player I played against in college would have been- in practice Dustin Woodard and Trevon Tate. Game wise would have been all my opponents.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• My career would be the military. I have always had my eye on the military. The branch I probably would choose would have been between the Navy and the Marines. That or a Real Estate Appraiser.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I have to clean my room first. A clean room equals a sound mind. Next my car because of the amount of time I will spend in there throughout a lifetime.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Next my desk. That’s your workspace.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I will try and save everyone. I try to be a Christian but in all honesty I like to think if the situation was in reverse or if that my was kid or something; what I would want someone to do for me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• A character I would name would b Black Adam. In all honesty I would just like to turn to him on game day. Outside of that I’m not sure probably a black version of Batman. I’m not sure I love who I am.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity would have been dealing with my brother passing. It was tough on me. I was away from home, he was a person I talked to a lot as well. So getting used to him not being around was very difficult. I overcame it by dedicating myself to God family, football and school.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment would probably be my childhood from 5-10 years old. I was hardheaded, didn’t listen, and did a lot of crazy things that I shouldn’t have done.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable plays in my collegiate career would have been my last game of my time in Memphis. I had a pbu where I did a euro step across the guard. I believe my pass rush was a lot better from that season because of all the hard work had put in; I was excited to see my work pay off
What song best describes your work ethic?
• A song that describes my work ethic would probably be a song talking overcoming obstacles and hard work and making something out of nothing can’t really pick one to be honest. But I want a song that defines obstacles and finding a way regardless.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The game is 90% mental. So for that reason. Non-physical.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring one person back from the grave for one day it would be my brother. I just wanna hug and kiss him and tell him thank you and I’m sorry for not being there him when he needed me. I would’ve loved to just give him a hug and tell him he meant the world and I hope he forgives me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The name I would name a club would be called Boss moves.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL right now would probably be me. If that answer isn’t acceptable, I’m a huge fan of all d-lineman. I think all d-linemen are under appreciated. Thames are won in the trenches.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I want respect over almost anything. Love by some hated by many respected by all is a quote that means a lot to me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• A player that I know whose career that has gotten plague with in all honesty. I don’t think I know what’s going in any people personal life. I’ve always been a person that make sure I’m doing what needs to be done correct and the right way.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I would’ve said hate to lose in my younger days but the will to win is second to none. I want to win and become a winner.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•This question is tricky for me, I owe a lot to the almost every coach that have came through Memphis. All my siblings because they always made sure I tighten up when I was slacking and taught me responsibilities. My dad he has always kept my head straight and sane. My mom, she instilled drive into. All of them had made me me. Coach Randolph really showed me a different positive and great example of what a man is.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Arizona High School football star Edward Crocker died after being thrown from car in two-car crash in Phoenix… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Ouch you see sometimes it is worth it to trade up twitter.com/pff/status/138…
about 2 hours ago
- Can we cover this instead of all the bad things in the media? This is amazing twitter.com/joncoopertweet…
about 2 hours ago
- This is getting out of hand twitter.com/mikecoppinger/…
about 2 hours ago