- Name: Jordan Phillips
- Height: 6”3
- Weight: 305
- Position: DT,NG
- College: Tarleton State
- Twitter: jayjayphillz
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I grew up all around California. You have to love the weather and the beaches so many cultures to explore. And there food
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, film study, and practice. You need to become bigger, faster, stronger. Your athletic ability should become second nature on the field. Film study will help you correct what you did wrong and study your opponents plays and tendencies. Practice shows what you learned and apply it to be ready for game days
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In games, there were times where I didn’t make a critical tackle. I’ll would get mad at myself. Give myself a 10 second time frame to get over it. Cause I know the next time I’m in that position, I know will make it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My grit and wanting to succeed. They would also say I would I am reliable. If they ever needed me for something I’ll be there.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best players I went against were in my junior college days. But, in my last two years at tarleton state, the best o line men I went against were my at tarleton. Noah Perez, Cody Hayes, and deon Sheppard.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Coaching or doing something with football because I couldn’t see myself without football
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk because I don’t want my coworkers to see how dirty I can be. And it is unprofessional
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Three strangers because my family is very selfless and I know they would want me to save as much people as I can
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Flash. I always wonder how cool it would be to run that fast and be a super hero
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My first football season at tarleton, we were going against mid western state. It was in the 3rd quarter we were down 20 points. Mid western had one of the best quarterbacks in our conference. We finally able to apply pressure on him and he threw a pick. Our offense finally starting going and we took the lead in the fourth. Mid western tied the game in fourth and took it to overtime. Our offense had the ball first and scored. Mid western answered but we knew we could still win. We never Gave up on any play. Mid western didn’t have a good kicker so we applied pressure up the middle and he missed it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I got blind sided on punt and the player put me on my back
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• In junior college, scooped up a fumble and ran 15 yards in overtime which set up our offense to score and win the game
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Survival of the fittest by Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Physically, my strong punch and the ability to move at my size. Non-physical, my knowledge of the game. I can always tell what plays are going to happen because of how well I study and watch film
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My dad so I can tell him how well I’m doing
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Jay Jays Place
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Dontari Poe, Gerald McCoy, and Jurrel Casey
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. I was taught you can always like a person but never respect them.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kareem Hunt. He was in a bad situation that he knows he shouldn’t have been apart of. I feel for him the most because I know if he was in that predicament again, he wouldn’t make the same mistake.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win because that’s all I know how to do. My whole football career says. That
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Coach Jones. He open my eyes to the game in different ways. He taught me that life really goes beyond football. The things I learned from him would stay with me forever.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 15, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Landon Young, OT, University of Kentucky nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/landon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 54 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tarron Jackson, EDGE, Coastal Carolina nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/tarron…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for April 15, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Landon Young, OT, University of Kentucky… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago