By: Brandon Gubitosa
While watching tape on Lenoir-Rhyne Defensive Back Kyle Dugger, I couldn’t help but notice a dominating defensive end having his way against offensive tackles. He was beating linemen with ease as opposing quarterbacks were left scrambling for their lives.
The 6-2, 245- pound defensive end was a problem for opposing offenses last season. Jaquan Artis was named D2CCA National Defensive Player of the Year en-route to a standout senior season. The Lenoir-Rhyne defensive end stacked up 82 tackles for the year, with 23 tackles for loss, and 14.5 sacks. His 14.5 sacks led all of NCAA Division II. Lenoir-Rhyne University led all of Division II with 50 sacks for the year in 14 games.
See for yourself below just how powerful he is:
Jaquan Artis Hit
Jaquan Artis Sack
It is worth noting that his NFL Pro Day alongside the Patriots second-round selection Kyle Dugger was cancelled due to Covid-19. Artis deserves a call from an NFL team to sign as an UDFA. When a team does call for him, they are getting the best pass rusher in Division II. Artis was the only defensive player to make the final eight in the voting for the Harlon Hill Trophy award, awarded to the NCAA Division II National Player of the Year.
Jaquanss Artis Highlights
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Note to NFL teams: Stay away from Trevor Lawrence | Bust chance increases to 90 percent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Trammell, WR, Rice University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/austin… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for April 17, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/workou… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Used the Bills as leverage twitter.com/jfowlerespn/st…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:Free Agent Spotlight: Draft Diamonds interview with offensive lineman Jalen Allen, formerly of Cha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago