- Name: Israel Farfan
- Height: 5’8
- Weight: 230
- Position: Kicker
- College: New Mexico Highlands University
- Twitter: @farfan47
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Richvale, CA. It is a small rice town in Northern California. Other than rice fields we have an elementary school, a church, and café. The thing I love the most about my town is how peaceful it is. In the summertime you can walk to the outskirts close to the rice fields and watch a beautiful sunset. To me it’s the most beautiful place to me.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• For me it’s film study, practice, then strength and conditioning. As a kicker, I like to watch film to see if I’m approaching the ball and finishing the same every time. If there is something, I need to work on I can see it on film and practice to make it better and smoother.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry for my family because I want them to always be taken care of and have them only focus on their health and nothing else.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed when I got cut from Sacramento State. It was something that hit me hard especially because I was in a bad place mentally. When New Mexico Highlands gave me another opportunity to play I trained all off-season like a mad man to reach the level of play that I knew I had. That next season I was RMAC Special Teams Player of the Year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is my confidence. They know that my confidence doesn’t let the pressure get to me since I prepare well during the week to perform during the games.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Justin White from Colorado Mesa University because he was really quick off the ball and could block a kick consistently.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career would probably in agricultural business because I know it fairly well, and there is a lot of job opportunities for it in Northern California.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first. There’s just something about being in a clean room that relaxes me.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d save a family member. I’m very family oriented because no matter what they’d have the love and support to do that for me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’d be Spongebob Squarepants. He always sees the glass half full, has a strong support system in his friends, loves what he does, and is always ready.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity in my life was probably when my sister was going through some mental issues. It was hard because as much as I wanted to help there was really nothing I could do. I just supported her and try to do everything to keep her distracted from everything she was going through. Thankfully we got through it as a family.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I got cut from Sacramento State. I didn’t want to tell many people because I felt I had let them down.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play was when we played Western Colorado University and I hit a 53-yard field goal. It was great feeling to reach a new game PR, but also it was an amazing feeling having the whole team be more hyped up than I was.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Work by ASAP Ferg
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The chip that I have on my shoulder. I’m motivated every day to get better wanting quality over quantity. I want to be the best and that huge chip helps me stay focused on my goals.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Cesar. He was my best friend since middle school and I’d just want one last conversation with him to say thank you because he’s honestly never left me, and I believe he helps me in every game that I’ve played.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Salty Club because my parent’s hometown is El Salitre which translates to the salts.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jacoby Brissett because he’s never really had an opportunity to show what he can do and was given the starting job in the middle of the pre-season. I think he can do big things if given the opportunity.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. You can’t get everyone to like you, but you can get everyone to respect you by doing the right thing every time, even people aren’t looking.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Michael Vick because even though he paid his dues and done things to help animals and communities but is still seen as his old self. In no way am I defending what he did, but I believe he is not the person he used to be
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose. The taste in your mouth lasts a little longer when you lose. I do whatever it takes to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad has been my biggest influence. He left his home in Mexico at 15 to provide for his parents. He came to this country with nothing and got paid close to nothing, but still did whatever it took to give us a better life and education. He’s gone through a lot in his life not necessarily for himself, but for his loved ones. He’s the reason why I do what I do in life, school, and football.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Myles Gaskin Injury Update, Will he return this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/myles-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: John Brown Injury Update, Bills WR will miss another week nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/john-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: David Johnson Injury Update, When will he return from concussion protocol?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Ohio State game canceled tomorrow.....
about 1 hour ago