- Name: Isaiah Smith
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 204
- Position: LB/DB (All Special Teams)
- College: Central State University
- Twitter: @zaytheceleb
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Indianapolis, IN a beautiful city and a sports place. Everyone is different and diverse from the things they love to do, from sports to music and more. I love the city the most.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• For me It would be listed Film Study, Practice, and strength and Conditioning in that order. Film study first because you have to have preparation to understand what you are doing right and wrong on the field also being able to understand that there is an advantage understanding your opponent’s strengths and weaknesses. Film helps players take what they see on the screen and transfer that knowledge on to the field.
Practice would be next because that’s where you develop better on the field being more hands on from what you view in film. Being able to develop technique starts with a focus on practice and repetition. Once you take that you transfer it to how you practice is how you will perform in the game.
Conditioning is last because you can Get that done by yourself and if you want to perform the best you’ll start before football begins.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not achieving and being successful. I want to be the best person I can on and off the field also spiritually and although mistakes happen I worry about not being the best.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I had started to fail a class in high school due to family issues I had at home and I started reacting by not caring and knowing exactly what to do and after meeting with my mentor over a course of weeks I learned I had to flick a switch in order not to let myself fail but to be the best at what I can.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• That I am a hard worker, they know I go 110% at everything I do from the weight room, to the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I would have to say the wide receiver from Tuskegee Peyton Ramzy great player.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would be doing sports administration and being an athletic director for a high school or college
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room I can’t function with a dirty room plus I’m an organized person so having a clean room Is important to me.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member because I know if I was in a disaster they would do the same for me without hesitation
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be spider man because I would be able to cling to walls and leap from place to place and have different spidy senses
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was changing my life for the better from being a troubled child to a successful person to this day. I was choosing the wrong crowd and situations that I was in getting multiple suspensions and also stuff outside of school. I gained a mentor and he sat down with me learning me, understanding, and helping me and I had to choose a path I wanted for myself and now I am in college about to graduate a 3.8 student and playing football.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Was doing a talent show tumbling and slipped and fail on my head in front of everyone.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My coaches made a play just for me to rush and I made a sack and fumble recovery
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Started from the bottom now I’m Here – Drake because of the position I started in and where I’m at now in life.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Obedience- if you are obedient you will listen to what someone that’s teaching you says and follow exactly what they teach or give so you can progress.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my grandma back so she can give me more wisdom on how I can become better in my lifestyle.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Weekends
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Eddie Jackson.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I rather be liked. If you are liked you carry good traits and people that are liked can be respected more because it’s earned.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kapernick because of what he stood for and didn’t change his image because of what others thought.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose if you work hard just to lose it’s a bad feeling winning is special something you work for.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mentor Michael Sullivan he’s helped shape my life and watched it do a 360 without him mentoring me and stepping in I don’t think I would be in the position I am in now spiritually with God and where I’m at now with school football and life.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for April 15, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Landon Young, OT, University of Kentucky nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/landon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tarron Jackson, EDGE, Coastal Carolina nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/tarron…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for April 15, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Landon Young, OT, University of Kentucky… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago