He was one of several residents of a senior living facility in New Orleans to contract COVID-19, testing positive March 25.
Dempsey becomes the second former NFL player to die after contracting COVID-19.
Orlando McDaniel, who played three games for the Broncos in 1982, died last week. McDaniel was 59, per Pro Football Talk.
Dempsey played for the Eagles, Rams, Oilers and Bills after leaving the Saints where he broke the record for longest field goal (63 yards).
Please pray for Dempsey’s family in this tough time.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Arizona High School football star Edward Crocker died after being thrown from car in two-car crash in Phoenix… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Ouch you see sometimes it is worth it to trade up twitter.com/pff/status/138…
about 42 mins ago
- Can we cover this instead of all the bad things in the media? This is amazing twitter.com/joncoopertweet…
about 44 mins ago
- This is getting out of hand twitter.com/mikecoppinger/…
about 45 mins ago
- Sad twitter.com/tdonline/statu…
about 1 hour ago