The first round of the 2020 NFL Draft is now over and I wanted to talk about five of the biggest reaches in the 2020 NFL Draft’s first round.
Let’s look at the reaches below:
- Seattle Seahawks selected LB Jordyn Brooks, which I feel is a reach. They passed on Patrick Queen and took Brooks. Do not get me wrong, Brooks is a good player but you cannot pass on Queen. I think it was a huge reach, but the Seahawks are unorthodoxed but find a way to make it work every year.
- Atlanta Falcons selected AJ Terrell with the 16th pick. I think Terrell is a good player but I did not think he would go top 20. I am shocked by this selection. The Falcons need help in their secondary but I am not sure this is the answer. They should have trade up to select Kinlaw.
- Green Bay Packers selected Utah State QB Jordan Love. There were several linebackers on the board when they took Love. I was shocked they selected Love with Aaron Rodgers there. I get it they like to have their back-up ready but this maybe a big time reach.
- Las Vegas Raiders selected WR Henry Ruggs III over Jeudy and Lamb. You know I have to put this here. I am sorry, he is not better than them. I like him but I feel this was a huge reach for Mayock and the Raiders.
- New York Jets taking Mekhi Becton over Tristan Wirfs was a bad move. The Jets have tried to build their offensive line up but they have not been very successful. Becton is a massive man, but I think he will struggle at the next level.