Free Agency in 2020 has been really slow. There have been some really good signings but there have also been some insane contracts. Some players really cashed in when I feel they shouldn’t have. Don’t get me wrong, I understand it is the market but these players below were signed and it was a steal for the teams signing them. Let’s take a look at the top five best deals in free agency.
5. Tom Brady, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Are you kidding me? You can land the greatest quarterback of all time on a two year deal worth 50 million fully guaranteed? The best part of this is the players around him are now excited. The fans are excited, and the Buccaneers supporters are coming out the wood work. I live in Florida and there are more Buccaneers hats and shirts than ever before. Tom Brady added a spark that this franchise needed and for that alone it was worth every penny.
4. Todd Gurley, RB, Atlanta Falcons – If you have a list and do not put one of the best running backs in the NFL on it, you are wrong. Especially when he is only counting as 6 million against the books. Gurley is an All-Pro back if healthy. I think this year the Falcons will get a lot out of Gurley and he will earn another huge contract after the season.
3. A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Los Angeles Rams – The Rams needed a big body and they landed one in Robinson. Robinson’s contract was cheap at 8.5 million per season. He is 25 years old and is a huge run stuffer. I think the Rams will love this kid, he will be worth so much more than this contract. This kid is talented.
2. Eric Ebron, TE, Pittsburgh Steelers – The Colts had a good thing in Ebron, and they helped his career out by getting him the rock. Now, the former first rounder will go to the Steelers who love their tight ends and utilize them properly. Ebron was signed for 6 million per year, three million per year less than Jimmy Graham and he is only 27 years old.
1. Chris Harris, CB, Los Angeles Chargers – The Chargers are stacked in their secondary and now you add a lock down corner? You sign him on a two year deal worth 17 million which is 8.5 a year compared to the 16.5 million per year that Byron Jones is receiving. Harris is not only a better cornerback than Jones, he is a solid fit on this defense. Harris was a bargain for the Chargers.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Taron Mallard, TE, Bethune-Cookman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/taron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Last Chance:The Journey: From Europe to Texas Daniel Docal Filippidoy hopes to catch the eyes of NFL teams… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 50 mins ago
- Last Chance:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Dezmin Reed, Linebacker nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/dezmin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/nuVAo0QWjU
about 60 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago