- Name: Evan Greeneway
- Height: 6’6.5”
- Weight: 300
- Position: OL
- College: South Dakota State University
- Twitter: @evanjon87
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Yankton, South Dakota. The thing I love most about Yankton is the community. Everyone is friendly and supportive.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• All three are extremely important but I would say 1. Practice (You have to train your body to move and react the way it needs to, or you will never play) 2. Strength and Conditioning (Once your body knows what to do the strength and conditioning allows you to move bigger players and compete longer) 3. Film Study (Film study slows the game down and amplifies all the other aspects of your game, it can turn a good player into a great player).
What do you worry about, and why?
•Right now I worry about my family and them staying safe during this COVID-19 outbreak.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
•Going into my second year of college I was put on scout team. The failure of having to be on scout team two years in a row and not playing a role in games drove me to work even harder and make sure that never happened again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
•Gregory Menard (NDSU) or Elerson Smith (UNI)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• In the moment I would want to save my family member but I know my family would want me to save the three strangers, so that’s what I would do.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Tony Stark. He is intelligent, wealthy, and makes the world a better place.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Moving from TE to OL after my first semester in college. My teammates and coaches encouraged me and with that I was able to attack the transition and make the most out of it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In the middle of a game my knee braces locked together and I fell down in front of everyone.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
•My first ever college start at Montana State my sophomore season.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• I Won’t Back Down by Tom Petty
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Work Ethic
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Pat Colbert. He always supported me and we always had such a great time together. He was one of the funniest people I’ve ever known and I have so much I wish I could talk to him about.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Offensive Lineman and Defensive Tackles in general
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. People are respected who make the correct decision and do what is right. I would much rather do what is right and be respected for it.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I’ve had some players I was close to throughout my career that got caught up with drugs and it hurt their career. I wish I could have done more to help them.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents have been the biggest influence in my life. Both of them have set amazing examples of incredible work ethic throughout their lives. Each one started out with very little and had limited opportunities but they made the most of those and became very successful.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrod Hewitt, DT, Virginia Tech nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/jarrod… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Z0x3E3jK0L
about 34 mins ago
- Did You See This:Trey Lance’s two pro days mean nothing | Former NFL scout says he is a bust waiting to happen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Alabama RB Najee Harris | 2021 NFL Draft Injury Review | Doctor’s Take nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/najee-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- One of the best players in the FCS! He tore it up this year @Cameron7Ward is a manimal! twitter.com/uiwfootball/st…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:Trey Lance’s two pro days mean nothing | Former NFL scout says he is a bust waiting to happen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago