- Name: Devon Booker
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 195
- Position: Nickelback
- College:Alabama State
- Twitter: @d_book3
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born in Kansas City but I grew up in Cincinnati Ohio
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, Practice, then Strength and conditioning. I say this because when you study the opponent when correct way you can then take it to the practice field. As an athlete it is or obligation to stay in good shape so that is why i put strength and conditioning last.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I sometimes worry about not having the exposure that some other schools get. I feel that my senior year was just as good as any Nickelback in all of D1AA and it may have been overlooked.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I had failed biology with this teacher who was supposed to be challenging my freshman summer. Instead of complaining like some did and switching teachers, I came back and worked along side the teacher to earn a better grade next semester.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My natural speed and pursuit to the ball.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I would have to say Florida State’s QB Blackmon this year
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would go into broadcasting sports. More than likely football on any level.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room because that’s where every day starts. It’s important to get off on the right foot to start the day.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’m a family man and while I would want to save them all, I’m saving family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would choose to be Flash because his speed is unmatched.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When I got hurt my senior year of high school and lost all of my offers in one day. I was forced to go to prep school and fight my way back into getting scholarships.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is probably leaving all my bags packed at home when I was on the way to the airport.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Getting player of the game against Grambling this past year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Somethin to prove by Lil Baby. I work like I haven’t been discovered yet.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being able to hit the opponent in the mouth with the same intensity from quarter 1-4.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My cousin Nikki because I wasn’t there when she died or get to say goodbye.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club No Phone
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Chauncey Garner-Johnson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. I’ve had teammates that weren’t necessarily my best friend but we always found a way to work side by side because of the respect factor.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon because he was rookie of the year over my boy AJ and that’s crazy how his story worked out!
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. You may not win every play but if you keep a level head you can come back next play and end up winning the game.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad because watching him play in the NFL 9 years showed me how I’m gonna get it done. He started in the Canadian League and got it out the mud until the Chiefs called his name.