• Name: Calvin Lunkins
• Height: 6’0
• Position: Linebacker
• College: Southern University A&M College
• Twitter: @clunkins
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is New Orleans Louisiana , I love how New Orleans is just pretty much different from others cities. New Orleans people just have different mindsets and strive to be the best that they can be in my eyes. Especially coming out a city with so much crime.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
•1.Film Study- I feel like you have to be a student of the game to complete at a high level and that way you will know the tendencies of the opposite team to slow the game down for you.
2.Strength and conditioning- You have to make sure that you are in shape to play in the game for 4 quarters. That’s very important when you in a close game that’s on the line.
3. Practice- Basically practice is going out there and doing what you seen on film and what your coaches told you that you needed to do to be successful on the field .
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t remember worry about anything to much because I know everything happens for a reason and God is in control of everything. He wouldn’t put you through nothing you cannot handle.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• One example I failed was when I was one of my undergrad classes and I failed the test by a long shot. I reacted pretty well I knew that I had work to do and I put in the work and I ended up passing that class with an A at the end of the semester.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They say that I’m a hard worker and I lead by example.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Kenneth Dixon
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a certified recreation therapist which is what I got my undergraduate degree in.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save a family member because family is everything to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I wouldn’t be any movie or television character.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life is when many people counted me out and they said that I couldn’t play college football. How I dealt was I put in the work while others were sleeping and I became one of the best linebackers In my conference.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Most embarrassing moment is when my dad yells my name in the middle of the game to talk to me about what I did and everyone in the stands is listening.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play in my collegiate career is when I made the game winning tackle in a game against Alabama A&M College.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Grinding all my life – Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait you need to have to succeed at the next level is to be a student of the game. You have to really put in the hours succeed at a high level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It will be my cousin Rashad, why because that was like a brother to me and I want him to know that I made it this for and I’m going to continue to strive for greatness.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Lunkins Palace
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Tyron Johnson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected at the end of the game because I don’t have to be friends with you but you have to respect me as a man at the end of the game. Respect bring you a long way in life.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Micheal Vick- because of the dog fighting.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win, everyone loves to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother has the biggest influence on my life because I seen many years she sacrifice so much to get me where I am today and I will make sure she will be taken care of.