- Name: Calvin Brewton
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 192
- Position: Safety
- College: Old Dominion
- Twitter: calvin_brewton
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Miami and what I love most about my hometown is that it taught me how to compete at an early age with so much competition around Miami.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film, Strength and conditioning, Practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about how I can be better than yesterday. The word that describes my approach is elevation.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When I first came to Florida State my grades weren’t good that first semester. I was barely passing because my focus was more on football. That first semester in college motivated me to focus on my grades just as much as football. I started to request for additional tutoring to improve in the classroom which help me become a better student athlete. I learned better habits on how to excel in the classroom.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My approach to the game and leading by example.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Deshaun Watson
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football, I’ll be pursuing a career that fits my social science degree.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Car, desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose my mom because she been there with me through every journey of my life from success to the adversity.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Marty Byrde – Ozark, He was calm through the toughest time and created solution for every problem. I never saw a character play a better role when adversity strikes.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Not being able to showcase my ability this year at pro day was one of the biggest adversities in my life so far. I keep everything in god hands and have a positive mindset.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I was at FSU the entire team use to chant my nickname that they created “C-Brewwwww!” before team meeting as soon as I walk in.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Against Virginia hitting the receiver on a post route on 3rd down forcing an incompletion.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Rod Wave – The Greatest
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• To be able to process information and execute it on the field.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my cousin it was a natural death and unexpected. Shared so many good memories with him throughout our childhood just gone to soon.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• T.Y Hilton
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Rather be respected, Respect is nonnegotiable I believe respect is more important than someone liking you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice, He witnessed his life changing forever after the incident. He speaks to people to help prevent domestic violence.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win, it’s the most important thing in any sport you play.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom and dad have the biggest influence on my life. Just growing up as a kid learning the principles of life that you can’t learn in school was huge on helping me become the person I’m am today.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Did You See This:Could the Eagles replace Carson Wentz with NDSU QB Trey Lance? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/trey-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Duds: Week 2 NFL players that did not show up to play nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/8fBJMUHM2g
about 49 mins ago
- Browns working out DB Jeremiah Dinson, LB Austin Hall, DE/OLB Jalen Jelks, LB Vosean Joseph, DB Chris Miller, and DL E.J. Scott
about 50 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 21, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago