• Name: Boomer Mays
• Height: 6-1
• Weight: 235
• Position: Linebacker/ Longsnapper
• College: Northern Illinois University
• Twitter: @BoomerMays
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Lawrence, Ks. Able to watch sports with 2 colleges in town
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study to learn and understand and visually get mental reps. That’s what makes you play fast because you don’t have to think. Strength and conditioning to give yourself best chance at being able and available to play. Practice to put what you learned in film translate it to the field. Practice gives your training that way when you get to the game it’s easy like second nature.(like studying for a test, you study the whole book and the day of the test your completely confident because you know everything.)
What do you worry about, and why?
• No worries no stresses, what’s there to worry about if your willing to do whatever it takes?
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Failed to win state in wrestling worked on everything that’s kept me from winning and everything that allowed me to win ,the next year I was a state champion. Same went for not winning our conference championship in college took the same approach exactly a year later, conference champs.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
•Knowledge and work ethic. Always being constant and trustworthy, can always trust I’ll do my job.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Played against a lot of good players most of which are NFL pro bowl players. I can’t say one is the best I can if you ask for a specific position.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Business, I am friends with CEO’s of major companies which include endorser’s for major athletes and Pro sports teams.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Clean room first , unless I lived in my car in that case that would be first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Whichever is in the most danger. (But if you save one then they could help with the other)
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’m not sure whoever does the most work and plays that role to the fullest, Samuel L. Jackson I guess because he’s in everything.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity so many ,but I’m always critical I look at what the problem is find the positive and move forward with it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Don’t really have an embarrassing moment.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My last play.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• I’m not sure about the song. Hard to tell so many good ones
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental toughness by far and knowledge along with that strength and agility.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• One of those famous rock stars because they knew how to party.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The SpotLight or The Boom Boom Bar (TM)
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• It was James Harrison or Jimmie Ward
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d say both, because you can have one both the other.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• James Harrison , no one ever gave him a chance he had to beg people and now look he is one of the most feared players ever to play.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I am obsessed with winning , you could say I hate losing more than I love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on?
Parents, you learn everything from them.