- Name: Ayron Monroe
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 205
- Position: CB/S
- College: Penn State > Temple University
- Twitter: @AyRonnyRon
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Largo Maryland which is located in the DMV or the DC Metropolitan area. It’s a very diverse place with everything there is to do under the sun. Great community, great culture, great food, and great entertainment. There is a vibe here where that I just can’t find anywhere else. What I love most about it is the rate of African Americans that are well off. It is a great place to grow up and to live.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice would be first because without actually going through the reps it’s hard to translate anything you’ve learned or gained in the weight room to the field. Next would be Film Study because studying film allows you to clean up mistakes and understand the game to a level that you never could. This allows you to put yourself in position to make plays and for your teammates to make plays more efficiently. Your athleticism doesn’t matter when you are out of position. Lastly, strength and conditioning because while it is important to the game it is not required for success. I’ve seen many athletic beasts in the weight room do nothing on the field.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about the well being of my family and those closest to me because in the end they are the ones who are there for me and the ones who motivate me. If they are not doing well then that weighs heavy on my conscience.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I remember failing to win the championship with my high school track team. I was extremely upset and frustrated because of how much hard work we put in to compete at that level. I reacted by not hanging my head down and just understanding that in the future I have to be more prepared and to not allow myself to make small mistakes as I did that time.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say that my best quality is my ability to think for myself and not follow trend of others.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I have ever played against in college would have to be my former teammate Saquan Barkley.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would be pursuing a music career and using my IT degree dwell in he world of technology and pursue my own tech company.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first because it is the place where I spend the most time.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member because I don’t know the strangers so losing them wouldn’t really hurt me as much. I have to lose somebody either way so I’d rather it be someone I don’t know. I would feel sorry for them though.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• If I could be any character I would be Rick from Rick and Morty because he can do anything he wants and he has the correct answer to anything thrown at him.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life to date would be living in my condo growing up with 13 people, tight finances and the death of my grandmother all at once I overcame this by being close to my family, appreciating one another, and being there for each other.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I fell down the steps at school. I don’t really feel much embarrassment.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career was when I made my first tackle of my career freshman year. I remember feeling like “Wow, I’m really in this.”
What song best describes your work ethic?
• “Work Hard, Play Hard” by Wiz Khalifa
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait you can have to success at the next level is the insatiable mentality to always want to learn, show and improve
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring back one person from the dead it would be my grandmother so that we can go fishing again like she always promised.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name my dance club “The Y Club”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player I think is S Jordan Lucas for the chiebears.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected because like is a fleeting feeling, but respect is forever’
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I feel the most for Michael Vick because he really overcame his situation and turned it into a highlight in his life and he does it without anyone’s recognition or stamp of approval. That’s true growth.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win AND hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My biggest influence in my life is my Dad and the people I hang around. My dad has always shown me work ethic and guided me through situations. My circle of friends are a reflection of who you are so it would be wrong to say that are influence to me as well.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Taron Mallard, TE, Bethune-Cookman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/taron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Last Chance:The Journey: From Europe to Texas Daniel Docal Filippidoy hopes to catch the eyes of NFL teams… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Last Chance:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Dezmin Reed, Linebacker nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/dezmin… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/nuVAo0QWjU
about 57 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 60 mins ago