Like other sporting events cancelled due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the NFL Draft of 2020 is also on edge. As the league’s general managers were undivided on the suggestion of rescheduling the selection, the league itself wants to push on with the original schedule as planned.
As we are waiting for the decision and of the event itself, the Top 100 Big Board has already been released, naming Chase Young as the number one prospect for today’s NFL draft betting 2020. Let’s take a peek of this young man’s life and see how he ranked number one.
Chase Young’s Biography
Born on April 14, 1999, in Maryland from Greg and Carla Young, Chase Young is African-American by Ethnicity and American by Nationality. As a Catholic, he spent his high school days in a catholic school. He first attended St. Vincent Pallotti High School in his early years of high school, and then transferred to DeMatha Catholic High School in Hyattsville, Maryland.
Chase started his athletic career and played on the defensive end since he was in high school. His high school team won the 2016 state championship held during his senior year, making him the most promising football player. Chase Young was a single-season sack record-holder at Ohio State, which he broke last 2019, earning him several awards and honors. This young man weighs 265 pounds with a height of 6 feet, 5 inches.
Chase is currently enrolled as a Junior at the Ohio State College Majoring in Criminology. He grew up in a family of lawmakers, and he wants to follow in the footsteps of his dad and uncles in the field.
Chase even faced a suspension imposed against him by the NCAA due to a violation, which involved him getting a loan to pay for his girlfriend’s plane ticket so she can watch him play. But it was a lucky event for his teammates, as they lost Chase during the two lowest-stakes games.
Athletic Career Timeline
Let’s go through each timeline of Chase Young’s athletic career, starting at the very early years of his exposure to football.
- 2013 – As he was attending his first high school, Chase started as a quarterback and an outside linebacker. He then switched position to defensive end in late 2013.
- 2014 – During his Sophomore year, his football team won the MIAA C Conference Championship. This was when his football career started to soar high without even knowing what his future in football will be.
- 2015 – During this year, he was transferred to another school. He spent his junior year at DeMatha Catholic High School, where he continued to play football. He did his best to train along with his new teammates.
- 2016 – He helped his team gain an undefeated streak and win the state championship. He had 118 tackles and 19 sacks during this year of his career. He even played basketball in his high school days alongside future NBA Star Markelle Fultz.
- 2017 – His fame skyrocketed when he was named as the year’s all-metropolitan defense football player. He also got included in the 2016 USA Today All-USA High School Football Team. This year was the year when Chase joined the Ohio State Buckeyes as he chose to spend his college life at Ohio State.
- 2018 – As a Sophomore at Ohio State, Chase suffered an injury. He sprained his ankle but still managed to finish the season with 10.5 sacks. He carried the team’s weight on his shoulder as his teammate Nick Bosa was also suffering due to an injury.
- 2019 – He was named as the most dominant player in all college football. This was the year when he was suspended due to the issues between him and the NCAA.
- 2020 – This year might be the biggest year for Chase. Whether he already anticipated this or not, this year’s draft has ranked Chase Young on the number one position. His future football career is shaping up well for him.
His growth over the years has brought him to where he is today. All his training and hard work are now paying off as he is currently the most promising football player this season. As we are left waiting to find out which team will choose him, Chase, for sure, already has a favorite team he wishes that would pick him.
Many speculate that the Washington Redskins will likely draft Chase. The Redskins replaced their coach Jay Gruden with Ron Rivera. This team has the number 2 pick in this draft and is predicted to choose Chase Young.
Among the 100 prospects in the Big Board for the NFL Draft of 2020, Chase Young ranked number one. It means he is the best of the best college football players of his time. Though many promising players are also included in the 100 lists, Chase is the most favored among all of them.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Shemar Jean-Charles, DB, Appalachian State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/shemar… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 23 mins ago
- Did You See This:Getting to Know NFL Draft Prospect: Nick Broeker, LT, Ole Miss nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nick-b… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 32 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: DeVonta Smith surgery update | Heisman winner needed two surgeries on his hand… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFLHeads Draft Prospect Interview: Jeremy Bell, CB, University of Charleston… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Adam Mannie, SS/LB, Missouri Southern University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago