- Name: Alex Losoya
- Height: 6’3”
- Weight: 295
- Position: G/C
- College: Arizona State University
- Twitter: @Alex_Losoya56
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born and raised in Huntington Beach California also known as Surf City. What I love the most about Huntington Beach is the people. Everyone is very laid back and has respect for their community, especially the beach.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and conditioning and practice?
• To me all of these are equally important but if I were to put them in order, Practice because you have to be able to get live reps against the looks you’re going to face for that weeks opponent, and be able to work the techniques that are going to make you dominate. Film Study is next for me being able to understand your opponents tendencies on down and distances. When does a team blitz on certain downs. Looking for stunts and twists. Is your opponent a bull rusher, does he use his hands well, or is he going try and beat you with speed. I hate putting strength and conditioning last because I love the weight room and I feel if you don’t love the weight room you shouldn’t play football. Strength and conditioning is a year round process in order to maintain strength from the offseason and prevent injuries during the season.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about the things that I can control, I want to someday have a family and be able to provide for them and maybe even give back to my family for helping me get to where I am today. All the training they paid and sacrifices to make sure I was always going to be the best version of myself on and off the field without them I wouldn’t be able to chase my dreams.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed not getting recruited out of high school. I went the Junior college route and became a national recruit within a year. It made me even hungrier because I wasn’t going to let that happen when I got to ASU. I ended up beating out a two year starter in 2018 at ASU and continued my career as the starting left guard for the 2019 season. I have always worked hard and I love proving people wrong.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My Work ethic. I don’t make excuses. I always embraced the grind in the weight room and on the field conditioning and tried to bring everyone to my level with positivity. I was always getting extra work in the weight room, field, or recovering my body. I feel that this is contagious and will eventually change a team dynamic if everyone buys in.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• One of the best players I have played against was Mike Panasiuk Michigan state, His motor is unmatched. He plays great with his hands and is a smart player. I always had fun battling against him. To many great players to name but he immediately pops up in my head. Michigan states front was always fun to play against and I hope to see them again in the NFL.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I am interested in the Military because of my brother being an Air Force Pilot. My Bachelors is in Business Communications. I am currently working on a Masters in Higher education. The business side of me wants to get into medical sales if I can’t play football. Specificlly in artificial hips, knees, etc. Playing proffesional football has always been plan A since my first season when I was nine years old.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My desk is in my room so I would clean those first then move onto the car, and give my Honda Accord Sport a nice detail.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member because they have shaped me the way I am today. Without them I would be nothing. I would pray that those strangers would understand my decision.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Markus Luttrell from the movie Lone Survivor. He is a warrior. In the midst of his whole SEAL team being killed he never gave up on the village that took him in to save his life. He understood that he needed help and was willing to work with them to live and tell the story of Operation Red Wings.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Having Divorced parents and really not understanding why they didn’t love each other anymore. I was 2 years old when this happened so I don’t remember my parents being together. It was hard when I was younger but I am grateful for it today. My Mother and Father have always gone above and beyond to make sure that my brother and I lived a normal life even though they weren’t together and we would go a week at a time at each parents house.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I would say just being rejected or friend zoned by the same girls that want all the attention now lol.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My Most memorable play was just a normal 6 man pass protection so Jayden could set up and throw a ball to Brandon Aiyuk to beat #6 ranked Oregon. It was just a team effort all game and it felt good to seal it with that last touchdown and run off the field with my boys.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Metallica – For Whom The Bell Tolls
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My finish would be a non physical trait. I like to dominate players with my motor. I don’t care who you’re and your accolades you’re going to feel my presences after each play.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my Grandmother back just to tell her how much I love her and talk to her about all the good memories we had together when I was a kid. I can still picture her sitting on the bleachers during warm ups before anyone was in the stands. She always knew what to say in any situation.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Euphoria, because people go to clubs to have fun. It sounds good as well. If anyone steals this idea I will know it was a scout lol.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• David Andrews center for the New England Patriots, He is an animal and a key piece in all the super bowl wins.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I try and live my life by respect, for me I am not always going to like someone that’s just life but I have to give respect when respect is given back to me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Taylor Lewan, he failed for Sarms. He was suspended for a few games. I listen to his podcast Bussin With The Boys and he said it was because he didn’t want people to think he was a cheater. Nobody wants to cheat the game of football because fans and the football community is very strong. This game has changed my life and I am forever indebted to the game of football so I could understand why this hurt him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win, because winning comes from all the times I have lost. I have learned in my life that there is going to be more loses in life then there is wins. Thats why winning is so special. It’s the way you learn from those loses and don’t make the same mistakes again.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother is the biggest influence in my life. She is a nurse in the ICU at Hoaq Hospital in Newport Beach California. She works three jobs so that my brother and I could have everything we ever wanted and more. Especially right now with Covid-19 she is sacrificing her life to help strangers. I am forever grateful for her and how she has shaped me into the man I am today.