According to Albert Breer of SI.com, three teams that have shown interest in moving up in the order include the Broncos, Buccaneers, and Falcons.
The Bucs and Broncos, I’ve heard, could be going up for one of the top four linemen (Becton, Jedrick Wills, Tristan Wirfs and Andrew Thomas), making Jacksonville’s slot, at No. 9, a potential hotspot, given the needs the Browns and Jets have at 10 and 11. It’s not as clear what the Falcons would be pursuing, though GM Thomas Dimitroff has always, in the past, been more proactive than most in looking at the option of moving up.
It would be very smart for the Buccaneers to land some protection for Tom Brady. Even though the Buccaneers and Patriots allowed the same amount of sacks last year with 47, you do not want your starting quarterback getting sacked that many times, especially when he is over 40 years of age.
I had the Buccaneers trading up in my mock draft earlier this year but I had them taking CeeDee Lamb. Which was a shocker move, but this gives Tom Brady more weapons than anyone, and he has never played on a team with that many weapons. It would be interesting to see.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for September 30, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Breaking: Seahawks have signed OLB Tim Williams to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/breaki… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/e9Js9bBVqS
about 34 mins ago
- Breaking: Seahawks have signed OLB Tim Williams to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tim-wi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/MLl2dY7py6
about 37 mins ago
- ICYMI:Former Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth arrested for domestic violence nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/albert… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Breaking: Seahawks have signed OLB Tim Williams to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/breaki… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/pPU3WW8mBY
about 41 mins ago