- Name: Tyler Ford
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 302
- Position: OL (Guard & Center)
- College: Southeast Missouri State
- Twitter: @t_ford70
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Tampa is a nice place to live I have all my family here. Whether it is going to the beach or just riding scooters downtown with your friends, the city offers a wide variety of fun things to partake in.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would go with strength and condition first because you can’t practice the way you need to if you aren’t well conditioned. Then you’ll be able to practice and then study the film from that practice.
What do you worry about, and why?
• The next steps in life and how I’m going to set myself up for success.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In my first year of college, I didn’t do so well in two of my classes, and it put some of my goals in jeopardy So from the next semester on, I took all extra steps required to make sure I didn’t make those same mistakes again. I was awarded two degrees out it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jordan Elliot from Mizzou.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would like to work in a sports organization and eventually work in the Player Personnel Dept.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• You have to clean your desk first because you’re probably going to make more of a mess from all the junk on your desk. Then you clean your room and then your car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• The first thought that comes to mind is to save a family member but I would save three strangers that couldn’t help themselves.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Michael Scott from the office. He’s a very funny character that gets himself into some funny situations but he also gets himself into situations that I would handle completely different in hopes of a better outcome.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My second year of juco I got hurt and the injury limited my play. My plan was to be accepted into a four year college/university and continue playing. So with the little film I did have, I put together a tape and sent it to almost every school I could think of. Coach Tuke and Coach Blake at SEMO took a chance on me and brought me to into the program there.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My freshman year of college coming back from winter break, I didn’t know about snow being from Florida. Walking back to the dorms I fell hard on the ice in front of some teammates.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Homecoming in 2018 against Austin Peay. We went for the play on 4th and 14 in the fourth quarter. We acquired a big gain by putting in extra lineman to run it in for the win and the whole stadium just erupted.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Push it by Rick Ross
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My ability to adapt in situations.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would have to be my grandad. I lost him at young age so we really didn’t get a lot time together. Based on stories I’ve heard he was a funny guy but from the values that were instilled in my family I wish I could just sit down and talk with him for a day.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Jig
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Austin Ekler
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I’d rather be respected. People can like you but think nothing of you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon. He was a really good player but just couldn’t do the things he needed to do to stay in the game.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate losing that is the worse feeling ever.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Parents. They have taught me a lot through allowing me to learn certain lessons by making my own mistakes, but at the same time showing me how to do things a certain way to develop character. I may not have understood it at the time, but as I get older, I appreciate the way that I was brought up more and more.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Mike Leach’s first game in the SEC was fun and he punched LSU in the mouth nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mike-l… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Let me throw this out there again. twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/…
about 56 mins ago
- Yep, the kid is a beast. He has everything you want in a QB. I am a fan twitter.com/draftguyjimmy/…
about 1 hour ago
- Mississippi State QB K.J. Costello becomes the first SEC QB EVER to throw for 600 yards in one game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Fantasy Football: Week 3 Sunday Sleeper Squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 2 hours ago