- Name: Nigel Beckford
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 205
- Position: RB
- College: University of Maine
- Twitter: @Known_as_Great
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Coming from Bridgeport, CT you’re surrounded by a lot of things, both good and bad. It’s a very diverse setting in its entirety and that’s what I love most about it
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning is first on my list because this is an area where I believe my input equal my output. The amount of work and effort I put it is reflected in practice and film study throughout the week in preparation for game day.
Practice would be next on my list because it is an environment in which I can learn, compete, and really hone my skills on the field. I see this as a progressive self-evaluation of putting it all together day in and day out leading up to the game day.
Film Study is last on my list because before I concern myself about another team, I want to make sure I handle what I need to in preparation of myself and my team. Film study is a vital part to being game ready. Knowing the ins and outs of a defense, their schemes, and their players have always given me an in-game advantage. At the end of the day you have to be a student of the game itself.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t tend to worry too much about anything. I believe God always have a plan and I just try make sure that I do what needs to be done on my end to give me the best opportunity for any situation.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• One specific example where I have failed at something would be when I tried ice skating for the first time. I was falling over and over, didn’t know how to stand at first, turn, or slow down. By the end of that session I was flying all over the ice. I wasn’t that good or anything, but it was a challenge that I had fun with, always had fun learning and trying new or different things no matter how many times I would fail at it or how uncomfortable it was at the time.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I believe my teammates would say my best quality is my work ethic. I’m a firm believer in leading by example. I also think it helps to put things on display for those who might be feeling doubtful.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
•One of the best players that I vividly remember playing against was Terrence West, a running back who played for Towson.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football, I would continue to pursue being a data scientist and dive into that realm of things and integrate it with the world of sports.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first. Always keep where you lay your head clean. Everything starts at the home.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would always attempt to save my family member, but if that isn’t possible in those moments, I would save the three strangers if possible.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’d be Curtis Jackson because he always worked for whatever he wanted and never gave up.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• One of the biggest adversities in life for me was balancing football, school, work, and my personal life. Balancing things in life if very delicate. My approach was to just do my best and focus on one thing at a time. A progressive step-by-step process to everything have worked for me. Had to appreciate all things in life no matter how big or small, whether good or bad.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I think one of the most embarrassing moments for me was when I fell off my bicycle, when I was younger, coming down a hill fast, when all the kids in the neighborhood was out one summer. I just had to get right back up and pretend that didn’t just happened.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of for me would have been when I scored my first touchdown against Towson my freshman season.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• ”TTG” by Waka Flocka
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I believe the most important trait that’ll help me succeed at the next level is my mindset. My mental is everything, it’s what drive the physical for me.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Martin Luther King, because he stood for something that would benefit all of humanity and he was taken away too soon.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name the dance club “Twenty4”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Derrick Henry, he was always a beast.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would always rather be respected because that’s something that would have had to be earned.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick because he doesn’t deserve to not play in the NFL right now. He’s a good person and a good football player.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win because it’s great to see the results of the work that was invested towards that victory. Also, just because I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother has been the biggest influence on my life because I’ve watched her worked day in and day out and it’s unbelievable how she would provide for my siblings and me. She always reminded me that if there’s a will, then there’s a way.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- That is our guy @danielkellybook he is opinionated but damn he is good twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre…
about 35 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for April 22, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Will it pass the Senate? twitter.com/breaking911/st…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Mock Draft 5.0 | Which player will the Bengals select at 5 overall?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Arizona High School football star Edward Crocker died after being thrown from car in two-car crash… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago