- Name Michael Ghant Jr
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 297
- Position: Nose, DT
- College:Indiana State University
- Twitter: @Michaelghantjr
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am originally from Minnesota, but I grew up in Terre Haute, IN. I love how the town isn’t very big, it makes all your friends a lot more close knit.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• film study, practice, strength and conditioning.
The reason why I put film study first is because a famous man once said “If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of 100 battles”. I live by this quite. Preparation is the key to success.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about letting people down. The reason why I worry about that is because I have two kids depending on me and I want to be their biggest inspiration.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I have failed a lot of times in life. It’s all about how you overcome that failure. I actually missed the first six months of my youngest child’s life. Reason being, I had doubts about if he was mine or not. After I found out for sure he was mine, I stepped up immediately. And became the great father that I am today.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is my leadership skills.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Hakeem Adeniji
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I don’t know where I would be if I never had football. It’s like my home away from home, but I have dealt with a lot of adversity in life. So I would probably get into MMA, and compete in that, because I am a huge competitor.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save three strangers. The reason why I would save three strangers is because I would rather save more than one person if I absolutely have to choose.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would like to be a superhero in any tv show or movie. Because superhero’s inspire people and motivate them. That is something I would love to do.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I had two kids before the age of 17. I dealt with that by maturing and stepping up as a father. I had to sacrifice a lot to get where I am especially with having children at such a young age.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I usually do not get embarrassed.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Getting a tackle for loss against Kansas on the first drive of the game. It really set the tone for the rest of the defense for the rest of the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dedication, by Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental toughness.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• my grandfather, because he was my inspiration.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Ghant’s sports bar
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Aikem Hicks
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because being liked from others is not important compared to being respected.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• The year Adrian Peterson got in trouble for abusing his child really hit home with me. I feel the most for me because I personally have had a situation similar to that, where it was all just a huge misunderstanding.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win, but I love to learn from the losses and the wins. No matter the end score you should always learn something each practice/game.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My mother is my biggest influence in my life. Reason being, she raised 4 kids on her own and never complained or made excuses for things. She always work hard for everything we had. She truly inspires me to this day.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Breaking: Former Florida Gators RB Mark Thompson will workout for the Panthers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mark-t… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- Police arrest Georgetown WR Dijon Williams in connection to a first-degree murder in DC nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/dijon-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 15 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 30, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 16 mins ago
- NFL postpones Titans and Steelers game due to COVID-19 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/titans… #NFL #NFLDraftNews
about 25 mins ago
- Can the NFL suspend the Raiders players for not wearing their masks at an event? YES, THEY CAN… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago