- Name: Joseph Winfield
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 265
- Position: Defensive Line NG/DT/DE
- College: Bethel College
- Twitter: @winfield_joseph
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Growing up I’ve lived in different places, but what I consider my hometown is where my family is, and that is Edmond, Ok. What I love about my hometown is the connections and family environment that surrounds that place! I love that I have connected with many of people from there and have seen those people do successful things in life!
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I believe that each are equally important to being successful on and off the field, but if I had to put them in order I would say film study, practice, and then strength and conditioning and here’s why. I believe that every part is vital to being a high caliber player on and off the field! I say film first because you have to be able to put yourself in the right position on the field and you need to study your opponents. Second practice because you can study all you want, but if you don’t have a plan there won’t be any action. Finally strength and conditioning because you have to be physically fit to achieve anything. But you can be great on the field mentally, but if you don’t have the speed or strength to back that up it can backfire in the end!
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being able to play at the next level. But I know that if I pray things will work out. I am my biggest critic whenever I am told I have a flaw in my game I am quick and coachable to approach it with the right mindset to fix it!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I remember a time my freshman year when I didn’t finish with the grade I was looking for, but I knew I wanted to be just as good off the field as I was on the field! So I pushed myself and trained in the classroom to be great student athlete!
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• A leader who cares about the well being of the other people around him. Someone who will give everything he has on the field because he trusts that the guy next to him will do the same!
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I would say the quarterback from McPherson College Ed Crouch, or the running back from Kansas Weslyn Pruit, but also the guard from Southwestern. It’s hard to pick one because they are all great players and their tenacity for the game is outstanding.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Currently I am finishing my degree in Social work, so I believe that I have always had a knack to help and be with people! So if I didn’t play football I would definitely be doing something in communication or with people!
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my desk first because my workspace has to be intact to have a great work environment! But I could also go with room first because if you start out with a clean room you have a good starting place for the day leading to have better outcomes the rest of the day!
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose my family because in my eyes and heart family is first and I am going to do anything for my family!
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Martin Lawrence off Martin because on the shows he is faced with every type of problem, but being a fun guy he approaches it with a smile on his face!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I’ve had to grow up at a young age being from a single parent home times were tough. But I pushed myself to make sure my family will be taking care of in the future!
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My senior season in an overtime game against Ottawa! They were about to kick a field goal to go into double OT and we blocked it! Everyone stormed the field and it was just amazing to see and be apart of!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• If I had to pick one right now I would say Something to Prove by Lil Baby
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental Toughness goes to far!
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would rather not speak on this subject until I had a more personal relationship with a team or agent.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name it Wazzup! Because I am the type of person to say what’s up to everyone!
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I believe anyone who is to make it to the NFL is not underrated, but I feel like those who don’t pass the “eye test” tend to get looked over and they show them what they are really about!
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would say respected. Not everyone is going to like my style or the way I play, but respect goes deeper than that! I believe that translates to all sports in general!
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kareem Hunt because he had went through the fire of his past and was trying to make his life right! But when it popped back up it was like starting all over again. He was a dog running the ball and still is, but hasn’t been giving the chance like he had been in the past.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I absolutely love to win! My coach told us best you can put forth all your effort to not lose or to win! You put it in not losing you are bound to disappoint yourself. I fell in love with the game and I want my effort to be towards to good part of it!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad! He has taught me to fight through pain, hardships, and turmoil to pursue your dreams and aspirations! I will forever be great full for my dad!
Thank you for allowing me to do this interview I hope it goes a long way!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for November 23, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: David Montgomery Injury Update, Is he playing week 12? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/david-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Christian McCaffrey Injury Update, He is expected to practice today!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kellen Mond, QB, Texas A&M nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/kellen…
about 1 hour ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Cameron Sample, DT, Tulane University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/camero…
about 1 hour ago