John Yarbrough the physical and tenacious mauler for the Tampa Bay Vipers recently sat down with NFL Draft Diamonds writer Justin Berendzen for this amazing interview. With the XFL wrapped up now, the prospects in the XFL have a chance to sign with an NFL team. John could be joining the NFL once again. Make sure you follow him on Twitter @johnny_yarbs
1. What would a team get in a player like you?
One thing you’ll get with me is a smart player who is very versatile. I can play pretty much anywhere on the offensive line. I’m a guy who has great technique and someone who doesn’t shy away from a challenge.
2. Who is your favorite musical artist?
Right now it’d probably be Anderson Paak…to me he’s been just making killer music for a while now but I also enjoy some Alternative like Dr.Dog and of course country with Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers.
3. How was your experience in the XFL year one?
The XFL is definitely doing it right. As a player I was comfortable and treated like the most valuable asset to the leagues success which I think is important to this leagues longevity.
4. What is your goal for your football career going forward?
My goal is to play ball in the NFL, I’ve been dreaming of it since I was a kid and I feel like I’m the closest I’ve ever been.
5. What is your dream car?
I’d love a Porsche 911
6. If you could live anywhere in the world where and why?
To be honest, I enjoy this traveling lifestyle that comes with football. I have roots in Alabama so maybe that’s where I’d have my home base but always being on the move has been exciting for me.
7. What is your favorite drink?
My favorite drink is probably an old fashion or Milos sweet tea.
8. Who is the most interesting teammate from anywhere you’ve played with and why?
One of the more interesting guys I’ve played with was a college teammate I had who is a half Ethiopian/half Italian offensive lineman from Harlem NY who went to a boarding school in Connecticut…if you want to know more you can ask him. His name is Seyoum Settepani and he’s one of a kind, a great friend.
9. What is your favorite movie?
It’s gotta be Dark Knight.
10. What is your favorite thing that the XFL did?
I loved the fact that we had an alcoholic beverage sponsor the winning locker room, I thought that was genius marketing.
11. What is your favorite snack?
Favorite snack is purple doritos.
12. If you were an animal which animal would you be and why?
I would be an elephant! They were my favorite animal I saw when I went to the zoo.