The Florida House of Representatives on Friday night gave the final legislative approval of a bill that would help college athletes in the state make money from their name, image and likeness, beginning July 1, 2021.
The House’s action — by a 98-14 vote — sends the measure to Gov. Ron DeSantis, who announced in October that he supports such a proposal.
The Senate approved the bill earlier this week by a 37-2 margin.
Ron DeSantis was quite the athlete in high school as a star baseball player, which I think he will be very quick to sign the bill. If it is signed then it will be in place before California.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Trenchmen’s Corner| Daviyon Nixon Scouting Report | Former CFL scout Dave Van Nett breaks down his game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- ICYMI:Alabama RB Najee Harris | 2021 NFL Draft Injury Review | Doctor’s Take nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/04/najee-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- ICYMI:Notre Dame OLB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is the next Phenomenal Coverage Linebacker says former NFL scout… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- ICYMI:Trenchmen’s Corner| Christian Barmore Scouting Report | Former CFL scout Dave Van Nett breaks down his game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- ICYMI:Trey Lance’s two pro days mean nothing | Former NFL scout says he is a bust waiting to happen… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago