- Name: Dwayne Williams
- Height: 6”2
- Weight: 317
- Position: OG
- College: The University of Charleston (West Virginia)
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I am from the boogie down Bronx. Growing up for me in such a rough neighborhood shaped me into who I am today. Being a Bronx native helped me to grow tough skin. It gave me the hunger and drive that I have today. Football was my way out. I realized that I wanted more and that life has so much more to offer. Shortly after high school I made it my mission to continue to ball out.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film study, practice, strength and conditioning. Film study is the most important. It’s me muscle memory. Your studying your opponent and preparing yourself for the field. Practice comes 2nd because your able to apply what you learned in film study and place it on the field. Practice definitely makes perfect and is the time to learn from mistakes, sharpen footwork, and get into beast mode. Finally strength and conditioning keeps me in shape. It keeps me in my Ps and Qs.
What do you worry about, and why?
- My biggest concern is failure. I have a 1 year old daughter and live ones who depend on me. I have a family who came from nothing but deserves everything. I want to be able to set an example for my daughter. I want to give her a life without struggle.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- When I attended JUCO at Hudson Valley Community College I was academically dismissed due to low grades and poor performance in the classroom. Thankfully my girlfriend and soon to be wife helped me to not only get back into school but she also opened the door for me to enroll at the University of Charleston with an athletic scholarship.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My strength
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Sean Williams Notre Dame
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- I eat, sleep, and breathe football there are no other options for me.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- Desk, room, then car.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be Marcus from get rich or die trying because he is fearless. He grinds for his family at any cost. Even after his music was turned down because of jealous outsiders he still pushed until his music was in the radio.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- When my big toe made a hole in my workout shoes during practice.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- When we went against Fairmont State University. We scored with only 1 minute left in the game and won.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Wiz Khalifa – work hard
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- I would bring my aunty back so that I can see her and share with her all of my accomplishments. She raised me as a child and I would want to show her the man that I became.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Fly Guys
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Richard Sherman
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected because I know what I bring to the table and my capabilities.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My daughter and finance is my biggest influence. They keep me going everyday even when it gets tough.