- Name: Takota Anderson
- Height: 6’
- Weight: 195
- Position: DB
- College: Kansas Wesleyan University
- Twitter: @itsTande
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• It’s a small town in the middle of Kansas and what I love most about it would be everyone knows everyone almost.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study so you can get a teams/players tendencies and what they like to do. 2- Practice because your going to take over from film and what you talked about in meetings and put it into performance. 3- Strength/Conditioning year round you should be putting in the work to keep your body in shape to perform at a high level.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my 3 younger brothers. Because I want to set an example and show them anything’s possible as long as you stay clean and work for what you want.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I feel like I failed my family not going to a bigger school out of juco. Overcame it by finding a home and great coaching staff at KWU and made the most out of it for my two years here.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My competitiveness.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Best player I’ve gone against would be at my juco in practice going against Austin Watkins Jr. whose now a star receiver at UAB
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• After being in school I’d be interested in being a Fitness trainer. But if not I would have went to school and been an electrical lineman.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I’d clean the desk first because the work place always needs to be neat.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member because that’s family. You have some kind of connection.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Batman because he’s a leader of a city who the people call for help. He’s a boss.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity in life would be going into my senior year of high school and being told to switch positions and then getting a high ankle sprain that took me out for the first 5 games of the season then I fell behind on grades and ended up being ineligible for the back end of the season and just lost complete focus on what I wanted to do and accomplish. Overcoming that I went juco and worked on being a better student athlete for my collegiate career because I couldn’t go out like that.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In high school we were maxing on squat and my underwear ripped going down for a rep.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Catching a pick 6 in my final season of college.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Country Boy Can Survive- Hank Williams Jr.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Physical- Work Ethic NonPhysical- Mental Toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my step fathers dad and because I know it would make his day. And a lot of my family’s day.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Tande’s Bounce House
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• After this season I would say the running back for Green Bay because he was ballin
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because it a greater value to life. Respect is like the sauce it last a lot longer unlike the juice.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Tyrann Mathieu back at LSU because be overcame so much. And is a beast now.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. One of the worst feelings after working so hard towards something.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My grandfather because he has taught me so much and has always been there to help guide me through everything since I was a kid.