The deputy who arrested Georgia Southern University quarterback Shai Werts resigned from his job at the Saluda County Sheriff’s Office on Jan. 20, according to multiple reports.
South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) tests were conducted on the substance samples collected from the hood of Werts’ 2016 Dodge Charger, but the results confirmed that no controlled substance was present in the samples.
According to reports, Field tests taken by two different officers on the substances tested positive for cocaine with two different kits, in two different spots of the hood.
Werts was charged on July 31 with misdemeanor possession of cocaine and speeding after his silver Dodge Charger was clocked going 80 mph on Chappells Highway at 8:58 that evening in Saluda County. The speeding charge remains.
The wild part of the story is Browder did not resign because of the incident, he resigned because an investigative report by Liz Owens at WRDW was about to be published on Browder.
According to the article, Browder was found guilty of conduct unbecoming at his previous job at the Lexington County Sheriff’s Department, but was allowed to keep his certification and get a job at the Saluda County Sheriff’s Department because he resigned in lieu of termination.
Browder’s conduct documented by Lexington County includes sending a shirtless picture of himself to a minor and asking the child to secretly meet with him, having a sexual relationship with a woman on duty and saying, “You want a divorce so [expletive] bad, why don’t you make something happen?” to a suicidal woman involved in an alleged domestic situation, according to WRDW.
I think Shai Werts needs to file a lawsuit, because he definitely has a hell of a case.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Phillip Lindsay injury update, Could he be back this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/philli…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 17 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Miles Sanders injury update, How long will he be out? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/miles-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Joe Mixon Injury Update, How many games will Mixon miss? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/joe-mi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 37 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Tevin Coleman Injury Update, Will he be back this week? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/tevin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Dalvin Cook injury update, How long will the Vikings RB be out?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago