Coastal Carolina longsnapper Riley Patton a 23 year old, has been charged with felony driving under the influence involving death and leaving the scene of a collision involving death. Patton was taken to J. Reuben Long Detention Center.
Patton is charged with felony driving under the influence resulting in a death and faces a $150,000 bond. His bond on a second charge of hit and run is set at $50,000.
Patton played football for Coastal Carolina University, but was at Tennessee Tech before leaving for the Chanticleers. Patton is originally from Knoxville, Tennessee, and was still enrolled at CCU to complete his degree.
Patton was a three year starter at Tennesee Tech before transferring to Coastal Carolina.
According to the police report, a 2002 GMC truck traveling east on 544, ran off into the median and hit the Ford. The Ford then hit and killed the pedestrian who was standing outside of the truck.
Deputy Coroner Michelle McSpadden identified the pedestrian as 55-year-old Timothy “Timmy” Shulkcum. He was 55 years old and living in Myrtle Beach.
Patton would leave down the road to a grocery store where he was arrested.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Falcons WR Julio Jones could end up being a game-time decision week 12 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/julio-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/jnMICRXP1C
about 6 mins ago
- Will Raheem Mostert return from injury this week? His coach is hopeful nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/raheem… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/IFgDwdLqLN
about 15 mins ago
- Then you don’t need it! twitter.com/bullittteam/st…
about 41 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for November 24, 2020, Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- We just hit 30k on the Dow Jones!!! Ground Breaking
about 58 mins ago