- Name: Ochuko Duke
- Height: 6’
- Weight: 216
- Position: LB
- College: Ferris State
- Instagram: @ochukoduke
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• York, Pa and Plano,TX
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, Strength & Conditioning
Mentally I need to visualize myself in position or making the play. Watching film helps me understand my body, my tendencies, and surroundings better. This is also the same when I study my opponent, I learn what they like to do and trust my training and reaction. When I know what I want to do I then take it out to the field to practice it. Techniques I like I keep; what I don’t like I toss out. Strength and Conditioning got easier for me in college. My focus in the gym is to prepare my body to do everything I visualize and prevent injury in practice and games.
What do you worry about, and why?
• 1 Peter 5:7
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My first college was at a private NAIA school and I was interested in computer science at the time. I failed out as a freshman, changed my major to psychology. GPA below 2.0
I had to go the JUCO route to be able to get my grades up and continue to play football. I ended up getting my associates degree in 1.5 years 3.0 GPA.
My failure turned into an opportunity for me to go D1 and also receive an associate’s degree and get my bachelor degree in 1.5 years at Arizona State.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Walk-on (Undrafted)
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
•NAIA…..2015 Southwestern College(KS) Defense
Juco.. Dionte Sykes
D1.. N’Keal Harry
D2.. 2019 Ferris State Defense
If the question wasn’t limited to college then QB Kyler Murray by a long shot. In high school, I knew that kid was on another level & would win the Heisman once he got to college. I want a rematch.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I like drawing up plays on offense or defensive side of the ball. I love watching film.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- I strive in chaotic situations.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Iron Man littt.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When I left the NAIA had to catch up on grades to be able to get back on the field, having to take 18 credits in one semester with all As. Went D1 no PT. D2.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Making Plays
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Calling My Spirit- Kodak Black
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Free Drinks
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Kyler Murray. They talk about him like he hasn’t been winning at the highest levels his whole career. I think he’s going to shock a lot of people his rookie year.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Stay in your lane and respect my lane.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel. Got to learn how to be a pro if you got pro abilities.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Although I hate losing I love to win more. The preparation put into winning to get the feeling of winning is amazing.
“I’m gon’ get mine more than I get got, doe”
-Marshawn Lynch – Mentally prepare to receive that outcome.