A body found floating in a Mississippi lake has been identified as a former Mississippi State football player P.J. Jones.
Philemon Depaul Jones, a defensive lineman for the Bulldogs from 2011 to 2014, was identified by his fingerprints Wednesday in Lee County, the Clarion Ledger reports.
There were no signs of foul play at the scene and Jones was clothed in the lake, according to Johnson. A cause of death has not been officially determined, Johnson said.
The Tupelo Police Department made a public appeal earlier this month asking for help in finding Jones who had not been in touch with his family since last month.
Jones, better known as “P.J.,” played for the Mississippi State football team from 2011 through 2014. He started in 27 career games and played in 45.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shane Solberg, WR, Northwestern College (Iowa)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Last Chance:5 Upcoming 2021 Free Agents That Need to Prove Their Worth nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/free-a… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Cow1x06WB8
about 56 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 20, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Aaron Watson, CB, North Greenville University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kentavious Thomas, RB, Fort Valley State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago