- Name: Marqus Andrews
- Height: 6’2″
- Weight: 245
- Position: FB/TE
- College: Northwest Missouri State University
- Twitter: @Big_Marq11
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Blue Springs, Missouri. It is a suburb outside of Kansas City. The thing I love most about Blue Springs is that it has options of some good spots to eat and its like 20 mins away from KC so there is always something to do.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• #1 for me would be film study, because you have to know what the opponent is going to do and what they like to do in certain situations of a game. #2 would be strength and conditioning, because you have to be able to be more physical and wear down your opponent throughout a game. #3 would be practice, although I am ranking at 3 it is still important to get the reps in practice for timing and being able to see the looks that you have been watching on film and execute against those looks.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family and their well being, just from past experience you never know when someone can be taken from your life so I am always telling my family that I love them and I’m checking up on them
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My Freshman year of High School I wanted to play QB and went to different camps all the time with the help of my family to help me become better. When we got to fall camp and had competition I ended up losing the QB battle. One of the coaches one day moved me to Tight End. I didn’t know much about the position but I learned as much as I could and ended up starting on the Freshman team that year. I have continued to play Tight End all throughout the rest of my years of playing football from that moment. So I took what I was given in that situation and made the best out of it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My willingness to do whatever I need to do to help our team succeed
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Austin Edwards from Ferris State
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career would be in the medical field of some sort. I have had interest in being a perfusionist but I would have to do a graduate program to get into that career.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member because my family is one of the most important things to me in life.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Will Smith in the Pursuit of Happiness because he does whatever he has to do to make ends meet for him and his son and thats exactly what I will do whenever I have a family of my own.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Breaking my ankle and had to get surgery my junior year of high school and missing the season. All the colleges that were talking to me just broke communication with me. That was tough to deal with as well as the recovery process and all the physical therapy that I had to go through to get back to where I wanted to be.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• One of the most embarrassing moments in my opinion was getting tackled at the two yard line this year when I was on my way to score. I thought the defender was going to try to go up high on me and shot down on my legs and brought me down at the 2 yd line.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first touchdown catch that I had in my college career as a freshman against Northeastern State University
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hustle Hard – Ace Hood
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My versatility to be able to play on the ball or off the ball
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My father, he was in my life early on and then wasn’t around as much when I was older so I would just like to sit and have a conversation with him and ask questions
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Hip Hop Stop
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• One of the most underrated guys is John Brown
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected than liked because if people respect you then
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown just because he was one of the top receivers in the game before he started causing trouble with the off the field issues
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My grandfather he has been the father figure in my life growing up and I’ve watched him work his butt off everyday growing up as a kid. So watching him has instilled that work ethic in me as well. Another thing is that he always has believed in me no matter what it is.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Y’all sleeping but Kristian Wilkerson and Mason Kinsey are dogs. twitter.com/benvolin/statu…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors Podcast: Week 8 injury updates talking about Running Backs in the NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors Podcast: Week 8 injury updates talking about Quarterback and Tight Ends in the NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 30, 2020 |Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- Last Chance:2014 NFL Re-draft, Imagine the Texans with JJ Watt and Khalil Mack? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2014-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago