- Name: Isaiah Washington
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 235
- Position: Edge Rusher
- College: Prairie View A&M
- Twitter: @ikew_91
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from New Orleans! We are one of the smallest cities but produce the best talent! It’s a feeling of family and good spirts when you go home! I love being in New Orleans to train the weather is the best! It’s hot and humid the best way to get in shape .
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
I think conditioning and practice is the most important thing ! The thing that put this above others is it’s all in one . You can get better in practice by practice good habits . Which letter you tie that in with film study that you watch . And if you are not in shape you can’t last a game .
The second is film I think knowing who your going against is very key . As a d line men we want to know what they are doing so we can have that edge of is it pass or run ! Strength is very important this is a grown man sport . You can’t play it without it but here’s why I rank these the least is because if you a warrior some times you can’t play 100 percent . And you can’t get the job done still if you did what you had to do during the week .
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about making it to the nfl it’s my biggest dream . Sometimes people say you need a plan b but all my plan b’s involve me going through the nfl . I think people won’t get why I was overlooked and why I’m not this big star or why should they invest in me. To be honest only thing I can tell them is through everything I been through I’m still here and never lost sight of my goal . I just want a chance to make it to the nfl . Once I get that chance I want to win !!!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Something I failed at was being the person I was supposed to be at LSU . I can say I’m differnt . I got kicked out it changed me for the better . I had just came off a torn acl . I don’t think they would have thought I would have played the next season . I couldn’t go straight d1 even though I just sat out the that year with the acl injury . I went juco a lot said it was a risk . I didn’t have the 2.5 to go fbs level I had the offers I stayed focused ain’t give up went to prairie view . I got there they didn’t couldn’t accept all the classes I had because they didn’t have the same classes from LSU . I fell short 6 credits to play that year sat out! Had to take18 hrs even semester just to play my last year ! And I played , I took 56 hr in a year . I didn’t like school but I loved football.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I think they would say my length is my best quality . I know how to keep everybody calm in tough situations .
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I ever played against in college had to be Derrick Henry my freshman year . We went there and it was one of does games that just energy was in the air from the time we started practice that week . I didn’t really play on defense against him but it was my first start on kickoff and I had to run down there .
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would be a gm or a ad of a college . I loved playing college football dynasty and madden team draft !
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first .
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would have to say family member that’s loyalty . I couldn’t choose that bond or relationship I had with them no matter what we was going through.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Batman he had the best training and he used his mind to figure stuff out .
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was recovering from my acl surgery . It was rough learning how to run . Not being scared of tearing it again it was a lot of mental things I had to break down .
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was getting kicked out LSU . It was because I didn’t think it would come to that . Everybody looked up to me and always seen me in a good light . This was the first time I ever failed at something big .
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• They say your last play is your best play . My last play I blocked the kick to win the game . It was the best felling ever .
What song best describes your work ethic?
• The two songs that best describes my work ethic are: rockstar Nickelback, and welcome to the jungle jay z
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I think they best thing I can have is just that passion and love for the game ! It’s gone get you through the tough days and the good . It’s good have you there when you just a practice squad guy !
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I wouldn’t bring any body back I feel like I haven’t lost anyone dear to me like that to know if I would feel that way ! I feel everybody just just be at rest
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I don’t have a clue what ever makes money and is suitable for what we are labeling our selfs as .
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the nfl is Arden key . To me he needs a fresh start on a team that’s going to give him snaps at stand up rush end .
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would like to be respected Kobe was respected not liked but people in the league which made people love him . If they can respect you than you have to be like-able .
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I think Sammie Coates I think that our stories are very similar.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose I can’t show it .
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My family has been the biggest influence on my life . It’s because of what they all wen through I’m there different journeys.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kyle Nuñez, OL, Stony Brook University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/kyle-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for June 15, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Le’Vonte Larry, DB, Savannah State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
On the very first podcast of Christopher Dicerbo’s Slightly Personal Podcast, Chris is joined...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Caleb Carter. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Likely. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Isaiah Chambers. Together we...