- Name: Isaiah Washington
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 235
- Position: Edge Rusher
- College: Prairie View A&M
- Twitter: @ikew_91
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from New Orleans! We are one of the smallest cities but produce the best talent! It’s a feeling of family and good spirts when you go home! I love being in New Orleans to train the weather is the best! It’s hot and humid the best way to get in shape .
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
I think conditioning and practice is the most important thing ! The thing that put this above others is it’s all in one . You can get better in practice by practice good habits . Which letter you tie that in with film study that you watch . And if you are not in shape you can’t last a game .
The second is film I think knowing who your going against is very key . As a d line men we want to know what they are doing so we can have that edge of is it pass or run ! Strength is very important this is a grown man sport . You can’t play it without it but here’s why I rank these the least is because if you a warrior some times you can’t play 100 percent . And you can’t get the job done still if you did what you had to do during the week .
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about making it to the nfl it’s my biggest dream . Sometimes people say you need a plan b but all my plan b’s involve me going through the nfl . I think people won’t get why I was overlooked and why I’m not this big star or why should they invest in me. To be honest only thing I can tell them is through everything I been through I’m still here and never lost sight of my goal . I just want a chance to make it to the nfl . Once I get that chance I want to win !!!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Something I failed at was being the person I was supposed to be at LSU . I can say I’m differnt . I got kicked out it changed me for the better . I had just came off a torn acl . I don’t think they would have thought I would have played the next season . I couldn’t go straight d1 even though I just sat out the that year with the acl injury . I went juco a lot said it was a risk . I didn’t have the 2.5 to go fbs level I had the offers I stayed focused ain’t give up went to prairie view . I got there they didn’t couldn’t accept all the classes I had because they didn’t have the same classes from LSU . I fell short 6 credits to play that year sat out! Had to take18 hrs even semester just to play my last year ! And I played , I took 56 hr in a year . I didn’t like school but I loved football.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I think they would say my length is my best quality . I know how to keep everybody calm in tough situations .
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I ever played against in college had to be Derrick Henry my freshman year . We went there and it was one of does games that just energy was in the air from the time we started practice that week . I didn’t really play on defense against him but it was my first start on kickoff and I had to run down there .
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would be a gm or a ad of a college . I loved playing college football dynasty and madden team draft !
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first .
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would have to say family member that’s loyalty . I couldn’t choose that bond or relationship I had with them no matter what we was going through.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Batman he had the best training and he used his mind to figure stuff out .
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was recovering from my acl surgery . It was rough learning how to run . Not being scared of tearing it again it was a lot of mental things I had to break down .
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was getting kicked out LSU . It was because I didn’t think it would come to that . Everybody looked up to me and always seen me in a good light . This was the first time I ever failed at something big .
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• They say your last play is your best play . My last play I blocked the kick to win the game . It was the best felling ever .
What song best describes your work ethic?
• The two songs that best describes my work ethic are: rockstar Nickelback, and welcome to the jungle jay z
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I think they best thing I can have is just that passion and love for the game ! It’s gone get you through the tough days and the good . It’s good have you there when you just a practice squad guy !
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I wouldn’t bring any body back I feel like I haven’t lost anyone dear to me like that to know if I would feel that way ! I feel everybody just just be at rest
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I don’t have a clue what ever makes money and is suitable for what we are labeling our selfs as .
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the nfl is Arden key . To me he needs a fresh start on a team that’s going to give him snaps at stand up rush end .
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would like to be respected Kobe was respected not liked but people in the league which made people love him . If they can respect you than you have to be like-able .
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I think Sammie Coates I think that our stories are very similar.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose I can’t show it .
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My family has been the biggest influence on my life . It’s because of what they all wen through I’m there different journeys.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Lee Privett, Defensive Lineman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/lee-pr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jarrin Pierce, WR, Middle Tennessee State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Did You See This:Former Nicholls State TE Jordan Talley heads to San Antonio to play in The Spring League… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 19th, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Last Chance:Breaking: Falcons worked out former Akron DE/OLB Jamal Davis II nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/jamal-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago