George Eberle the kicker/punter for William and Mary was charged with felony breaking and entering and misdemeanor sexual battery.
Police said officers were called to the 200 block of Matoaka Court to investigate a breaking and entering call at 2:45 a.m. Saturday, per WYdaily.com.
Police spokesman John Heilman said their initial investigation indicated Eberle went inside a woman’s home without the woman’s permission and allegedly sexually assaulted her.
Heilman said the two did not know each other and police reports show they are both students at William & Mary.
Eberle was named by Phil Steele as a Freshman All-American. He appeared in 10 games and emerged as the team’s primary punte, averaging 41.8 yards per punt (40 punts), which ranked fifth in the conference and 10th on W&M’s single-season list.
Eberle posted a career-long 56-yard punt against No. 2 James Madison.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Great opportunity for small schoolers! Must check it out twitter.com/cgssmall/statu…
about 30 mins ago
- Draft Buzz: Catching up with Coastal Carolina Edge Jeffrey Gunter nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/jeffre… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Vq3MZQvOca
about 31 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Great News, but is it the dreaded high ankle sprain?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Kenny Pickett, QB, University of Pittsburgh nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/ryan-p… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Week 12 Recap: Los Angeles Chargers vs Buffalo Bills ift.tt/39qKbxK
about 44 mins ago