- Brendan Holmes
- Simpson College
- 195 LBS.
- Hometown: Atlantic, IA
- Twitter: @BrendanHolmes8
2019 Accolades & Statistics:
- 2019 All-American Rivers Conference Football First-Team.
- 2019 D3 Football All-Region West Third-Team.
- GP: 10
- Total Tackles: 93
- TFL: 5.5
- Sacks: 2.0
- FF: 3
- INT: 2
- PBU: 4
Career Accolades & Statistics:
- All-IIAC Football First-Team.
- 2x All-American Rivers Conference Football First-Team.
- 3x D3 Football All-Region West Third-Team.
- All-Time Career Tackle Leader for Simpson College.
- GP: 39
- Total Tackles: 369
- TFL: 17
- Sacks: 3.5
- FF: 4
- INT: 15
- PBU: 14
What have you taken away the most from Coach Jeter, Coach Parrott and the rest of the Simpson coaching staff?
How to handle adversity in a time of hardship. When I arrived at Simpson the program was not a winning program and with the new hire of Coach Jeter, he helped instill a winning mindset and to fight through adversity such as a losing season. My coaches were mentors to me on and off the field and being able to take life lessons from them that was bigger than the game of football will always be my greatest memory.
When football is over, what do you aspire to do in the professional world?
I plan to continue as a Software Engineer for MidAmerican Energy and advance my way up in management. I would also enjoy beginning my coaching career and seeing what lies on that path. I fell in love with the game and would enjoy being able to continue being apart of the game even after I am done playing.
What separates you from other players at the Safety position?
I think my grit and grind is what separates me from other safeties. I was overlooked going into college by many and I made it a priority to grind and become an influential leader as well as an impact player. I feel being able to grind behind closed doors and doing more than the expected is what I love most and what I feel separates me.
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
The toughest player I played against would have been Dwayne Allen Jr (RB from Dubuque University) because of his quickness and ability to change directions and make plays. He was an amazing running back and being able to go against him challenged my skills and allowed for great competition.
If your life was a book, what would the title be?
“The Crooked Path.”
Give me your Mount Rushmore of all-time defensive backs, past or present. What made you choose these four players?
Ronnie Lott, Sean Taylor, Brian Dawkins, Ed Reed. These dudes were just a bunch of dogs on the field and stood out. They could impact the game with their abilities and change the momentum of the game.
Is there a current or former NFL player you emulate your game after?
I feel that I emulate my game after Brian Dawkins. He was an absolute beast on the field and did what he had to in order to be a leader. Dawkins had a never quit mentality and was a very aggressive playmaker. I feel that this is how I play the game and how I plan to continue to play the game is to be a dog.
Let’s take a trip back to the first day of your freshman year at Atlantic High School. What advice would you give yourself then, knowing what you know now?
I would say take things more seriously and enjoy the time you have. There are only three days in your life, yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I wish I would have been told this when I was a freshman.
If I’m in Indianola on a Saturday night during the Fall, where is the one place I have to eat?
Give me your elevator pitch, in 15 words or less, on how Brendan Holmes will be an asset to their organization for years to come.
I will provide energy and leadership on and off the field.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- We are excited to announce the addition of @danielkellybook to our team. Daniel Kelly was just a fan before catchi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago
- Whatever It Takes | A true Story of a fan making it to the NFL as a scout nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/whatev… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/jcqvTN5ZO0
about 35 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Giles Amos, TE, Arkansas State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/giles-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/L0PZBqCpSL
about 36 mins ago
- SMU Football: QB Room Temperature Check | Tanner Mordecai and Preston Stone nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/03/smu-fo… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 48 mins ago
- Michigan State Football: Transfer Portal QB Anthony Russo to Michigan State | Film Breakdown… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago