Former USF football coach Charlie Strong was not out of a job for long. According to ESPN, Strong, who has had head-coaching stops at Louisville, Texas and South Florida, has agreed to a deal to become a defensive analyst at Alabama under Nick Saban.
Several other SEC schools had expressed interest in hiring Strong, but he chose Alabama Football.
Strong played defensive back in college, and was a pretty successful head coach at Louisville from 2010-2013, which helped him land the Texas job.
However, he was fired after going just 16-21 over a three-year stretch at Texas.
Strong was then hired by South Florida where he went 10-2 in his first season before things started to fall apart. He fired last season amid a stretch where USF had lost 14 of its last 18 games.
Now, Strong will join Nick Saban and Alabama where he will be a defensive assistant. Strong has worked with Urban Meyer, Steve Spurrier and Lou Holtz in his career, now add Nick Saban to that list.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Miles Sanders Injury Update; Eagles find out more about his knee… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 29 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Raheem Mostert Injury Update; 49ers back will likely miss 3 to 5 weeks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- Did You See This:Former Indiana High School star football player Schuyler Bradley shot and killed in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:NFL’s Big Bucks Players In 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-19/ #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/CYYfZ3mNJb
about 2 hours ago
- Did You See This:From the 504 to The Spring League; Dion Ray hopes to show off his skills nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/dion-r…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago