- Name: Tyler Oliver
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 185
- Position: WR
- College: Tusculum University
- Twitter: @vibez_only
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Chipley, Florida. It is located in the panhandle less than 100 miles away from Panama City Beach. The community is small and everyone there knows one another. Falling Waters is what I love most about my hometown. It is such a relaxing place to go hiking and to explore nature.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning should be done first thing in the morning before practice starts. After strength and conditioning I feel like practice is the most important. It is important to perform well at practice in order to perform well in the game. Film study should be done after practice in order to ask questions and learn from the errors made in practice on that day.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about failing because I train and prepare so hard. I don’t train to be mediocre and when I fail it causes me to continue to work harder in order to avoid failure.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed at achieving my goals of being an all conference player. I continued to work hard and continue to train in the weight room and still perform to the best of my ability. I kept motivating myself and telling myself that I can do it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say that my hard work ethic is my best quality and my ability to motivate others. I have a natural ability to lead.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Due to my elgibility I was only able to compete at practice. The best two players I played against is my teammates Dee Alford and David Johnson.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Accountant I like dealing with money and managing money and learning about how to invest.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk in order to have room and have everything organized. Then the room has to be cleaned making sure all the clothes and shoes are arranged neatly. Also, the car is the last thing to get cleaned have to make sure the outside and inside is clean.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my mom due to her being my role model teaching me a hard work ethic at a young age and at the end of the day family is all we got.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Will off of Fresh Prince of Bel Air. I always wondered what it would be like growing up with a role model like Uncle Phil.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was me not getting no actual playing time during my collegiate career. Even though I didn’t get to play I didn’t quit and excelled in my role as being a scout team player.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I ran out of gas going up a hill and started rolling backwards and had to press the emergency brake and turn the car off so I wouldn’t run into nobody. I had to make a gas can out of a Hawaiian punch container. I sat there until my friends came and watched people put me on snapchat because they know I only put 5 in gas. They rode by saying, “That’s what you get”, “I bet you’ll start putting more than 5”. I was so embarassed.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play of my collegiate career was at practice the week we were preparing for Delta State. It is on my highlight tape.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ice Billion Berg – Be Great
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I feel like my positive mindset and hard work ethic and natural ability to lead will allow me and my teammates to succeed at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my grandma back from the dead and ask her questions about my past family members and ask her for advice.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Soul Train
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Marquise Goodwin is the most underrated player in the NFL he doesn’t get enough credit he should definitely be recognized more as a dominant impact player in the league.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected than liked. I value respect more than a person that likes me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown has had his career derailed by off-field issues that was out of his control. I feel like before suspending Antonio Brown there should have been facts presented instead of just slandering his name and allowing people to accuse him. The accolades he achieved while playing were hall of fame worthy.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose but it is always a learning experience and it is good to learn from your mistakes. I also learned that learning from failures leads to success.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mom has been the biggest influence on my life. She taught me to always work hard in life and don’t expect nothing given to me for free because everything is earned.