- Name: Tyler Guice
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 252
- Position: TE
- College: Texas A&M Commerce
- Twitter: @thatguy_ty9
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Atlanta Ga where a lot of great athletes are born and raised. The thing I love most about my city is the love you get in general when your doing good things. The culture in sports down here is amazing.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would say strength and conditioning is first because when you compete you always want to be at your best. Next would be film studying because you have to know your opponent weaknesses and strength and the looks your going to get come game time. Practice would be last not because it means the less but because you used what you learned in film study to come out and prepare for your opponent in practice.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Something that worries me is the thought of football coming to an end for me. I know football is not forever, but I been playing since I was 5 and it’s always been apart of my life. I just want to make my dreams a reality before it ends for me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My grades were always a problem for me in highschool and in juco. I didn’t understand the importance until signing day came and my GPA stopped me from signing with the D1s that offered me scholarships. I overcame that by signing with Texas A&M commerce (best decision I ever made) and I finished my first semester with a 3.8 GPA and graduated with a bachelors degree.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• The energy I bring to practice and game day would probably be their answer. I’m always locked in when I step on the field and hype to play.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Bradley Dewberry safety at eastern Illinois, Kader kohou Corner back at Texas A&M Commerce. Those two are both very good at what they do.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would go into the business field and use my degree. I know a couple people who own businesses they starting from the ground and they are Successful .
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean the desk first, then start on my room and I would clean my car last.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Thats tough cause I would want to save everyone but Blood is always gonna be there for you when you need em. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself knowing I let one of my love ones die. So I would have to save my family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The coach from “coach carter”. I want to make a change in people life’s for the better. That’s why I would pick him as my character.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Losing my mom to breast cancer is probably the biggest thing I dealt with. I deal with it by being the best role model to my younger siblings. She is one of my reasons why I go so hard in football.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was playing basketball for my highschool and shot a 3pt and airball bad. It was embarrassing because that was my first shot of the season.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• It’s from this past season we were playing Tarleton state in the first round of the playoffs and they knocked us out the playoffs the year before. It was a lot of emotion and that game. So it was 4th and 7 and the play that got called was a TE pull block so when I came around the edge I demolished one of their players for our running back to get the first down and move the chains. We won the game and we rushed for over 220+ yards.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Derez De’Shon- herculez
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Confidence! You gotta have confidence to play football.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My mom easily, She passed away when I was 8, so she only seen me play when I was younger. I would love for her to see me now and the man I became.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name it the “ Work out”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Eric Ebron TE
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be liked, because when you are liked you have good personality and people enjoy being around you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Michael Vick, I feel like he was on top on the world when the dog situation went down. And it was really because of the people he had around him, but he lost more then all of them.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win! Losing is apart of the game, cause you can’t win em all. So every victory is a blessing in itself.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My dad, He sacrificed so much for me and my siblings growing up and he never complained or made excuses. I hope I can grow into the man he is.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Peterson Apollon, Wide Receiver nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/peters… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/iNYcDgubu7
about 38 mins ago
- DO NOT TRADE FOR AARON RODGERS nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/aaron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/1EjbaOAxhQ
about 45 mins ago
- ICYMI:Former Miami Hurricanes football player Alexander Figueroa has been arrested again for rape… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:Arizona High School football player Zyon Anderson is dead at the age of 16 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/zyon-a… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- NFL Transactions for May 4, 2021 | Free Agent Signings, Workouts and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago