- Name: Michael Gant Jr
- Height: 6’0 ft
- Weight: 300
- Position: Defensive Tackle
- College: Harding University
- Twitter: @MikeGant57
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from St.Louis,Missouri, What I love about my city is how much history the city has. I love how the city and the people that live there is supportive of athletes, artists and the people trying to make it out with their special talents.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would say Strength and conditioning first because this asset is what sets you apart from other athletes and make you prepared to play at your best in your best form, Second would be Film Study because watching film helps prepare you for your opponent and see their tendencies, weaknesses and strengths and Third would be Practice, It’s also very important because you bring all your hard work and film study to the field to sharpen your tools to prepare for the game
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my future and what God has in store for my family and I. I’m excited to see what’s to come for me in the long run!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I transferred to Harding University heading into my Junior year of college, I went through fall camp preparing for my season, we were a few weeks out before Our first game when my coach And I found out I was academically ineligible because of an incident at my last university. I was upset at first but it turned out to be a blessing because I ended up focusing on my grades and by doing that I earned over a 3.0 G.P.A also while learning how to be a good teammate while I sat out and watched my team succeed! And then I was blessed to have played the next upcoming season!
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Being able to Motivate my teammates and just playing with passion
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would either be a football coach, Sports specific Trainer or Athletic Director
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room first Because that’s somewhere that has to be comfortable and relaxing to me
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save the one family member because Family comes first and that’s who my loyalty is tied to.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would probably be Thanos, He just built different!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My sister passing was tough on my family and I, but it definitely was for my mom, I vowed to myself and to my parents that I would continue to try and make them proud and grow as a man and stay on the right track.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Tripping at my Graduation
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My teams Goal Line stand this year !
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dont Take Days Off by Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being mentally strong
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring Martin Luther King back just to talk to him and ask what motivated him to take a stand on the things he did and why he believed in what he did.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Get Down
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Grady Jarrett
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected than liked because if you are respected that means you are an honest stand up person. To be respected is the best way of showing love in my eyes.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kapernick. All he was doing was speaking out on for the African Americans who were victims of police brutality and it ended up cutting his career way too short before his time.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win, Losing is just part of life and your going to take losses throughout your life but it’s the wins that brings you the joy and love for what you do.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•Hands down my pops! He is a huge influence on what it means to be a man and take care of your business. He sacrificed his dreams of playing in the NFL because he knew that nothing is more important than a father figure in a child’s life. I watched him work consistently for 22 years of my life, whether it was waking up at 5am every morning or coming home from work every night after 1 pm in the morning. It was all just a testament of showing me what hard work looks like.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Indianapolis High School rising star wide receiver Jordan Jackson shot and killed at the age of 17… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago
- ICYMI:Trenchmen’s Corner | Reviewing the top rated Offensive Lineman and Defensive Lineman in the 2022 NFL Draft… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- ICYMI:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shemar Collier, CB, Maryville College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/shemar… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Indianapolis High School rising star wide receiver Jordan Jackson shot and killed at the age of 17… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- XFL players will likely receive 580 dollars instead of 14,560 dollars they sued for in bankruptcy case… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
Texas A&M defensive back Leon O’Neal Jr recently sat down with Chris DiCerbo on...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Obinna Eze. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Chris Ferguson. Together we...
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...