- Name: Javarian Smith
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 209
- College: Lake Erie College
- Twitter: smithj3_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Pontiac, Michigan, its 30 min North of Detroit. A big town that seems small with some of the best athletes in the country. I love how all the athletes who are able to make it out have a sense of pride for Pontiac though it did present some struggles. It gives us a certain chip on our shoulder that makes us the player we are.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Playing Quarterback for me practice was the most important. Seeing safety rotation, identifying coverage, checking in and out of play are the things that helped me grow as a player more than anything. Practice reps for me are the most valuable thing, because it is the closest thing to being in a game. Secondly film study is the next most important. Identifying looks and knowing what you are going up against is the only way to be successful. Film study comes with the position you have to know what the defense is doing as well and what matchups you like against coverages. Film study helps with knowing tendencies and enable you to process what are seeing faster which is crucial to the position. Lastly Strength and conditioning, playing quarterback is incredibly mental and knowing what you are doing out on the field and making decisive quick decisions can make up for lack of strength and conditioning at the position.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family and loved ones, it’s a cold world and anything can happen. This journey isn’t easy and it hard to spend a lot of time with the people you love, and I just worry that im not there for a loved one when they need me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I felt that I failed my team as a 2 year starter after my junior year. Our record was terrible and I was the face of the offensive performance. We were one of the last offenses in the nation, and I felt I had failed. We got a new staff after my junior season, they brought in a Division 1 QB transfer to take my job that spring. I played DB as well as Quarterback that spring and felt like if i was the guy I wouldn’t be going both ways. I responded to all of this by focusing on the basics of the position. I no longer wanted to be seen as just an athlete who could throw the ball in the backfield, I wanted to put it all together. I came back in fall camp, won the job, finished the season 13th in the nation in passing yards with just under 3,000 yards. I feel I beat the odds when everyone doubted me, that is how I overcame my failure.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Resilience, my teammates who saw my journey saw that I had every literally reason to quit. I stuck with it and gave it all I had with my brothers.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Matt Judon Defensive End at Grand Valley State.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk, Room, Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would like to say 3 strangers but if it came down to it I would save my family member because of everything my family has done for me. There is no way I could ever repay them
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Logan aka Wolverine because his story is great and his circumstances created a diamond in the rough.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity in my life was being from a small school where no one had left and went to play college football at and trying to play at the next level. I dealt with it by emailing every single college coaching staff in the nation.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Flag football in 3rd grade I wore warm up pants with buttons on the sides and someone missed the flag and pulled my pants down.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• First touchdown pass when I was a sophomore against Kentucky Wesleyan.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Bag – Tee Grizzley
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Work Ethic
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Aunt Gladys, she was just one of those people that you can’t describe with words. She touched so many people’s lives.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Jays Rooftop Bar and Grill
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jourdan Lewis
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
•Respected because respect is everything.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, a great talent who never got to fully show it. I have family members who struggled with addiction and I know it’s a tough battle I pray he is able to overcome it.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father, he has overcome so much in his own life and it inspires me to be the best person I can be regardless of situation.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Falcons keep getting bad news, Hayden Hurst team Ipad stole from his vehicle nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/falcon…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 26, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago
- Did You See This:Breaking: Bengals are expected to work out former Syracuse OL Evan Adams nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/evan-a…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:2016 NFL Re-draft: Dak Prescott goes first overall to the Rams nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2016-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:Falcons keep getting bad news, Hayden Hurst team Ipad stole from his vehicle… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago