Jake Sutherland has officially made the New York Guardians roster, and the former small school tight end sat down with NFL Draft Diamonds writer Justin Berendzen for this amazing interview. With the XFL about to kick-off in early February, we wanted to start a segment to showcase some XFL prospects so the fans of the league can get some inside information on these prospects! You can follow Jake on Twitter: @JakeSmash004
1. What can Guardians fans expect from you?
They can expect a physical style of play. And making a lot of contested catches. I will also show a lot of passion every time I step onto that field.
2. What is your dream vacation?
Anywhere warm where I have zero responsibilities for a few days.
3. What is you favorite XFL rule?
I think my favorite XFL rule that is different from anything I’m used to is the new kickoff. I think it makes for a more interesting and more complicated play. The Kickoff team has to be more gap sound because everyone is on the same level. One wrong fit and the returner could take it to the house.
4. Who is your favorite Guardians teammate?
My favorite teammate(s) are my fellow Tight Ends. Since day one we have all clicked and become close friends and we all worked very well together.
5. What is your goal for this season and beyond?
My goal for this season to play at a very high level and to prove I belong at the professional level. However I’m just excited to be playing football and chasing the first XFL championship with my team.
6. What is your favorite pregame meal?
My favorite pregame meal would probably be BBQ grilled chicken with some pasta or rice and a salad.
7. What is your dream car?
Dodge Challenger Hellcat
8. What is your favorite type of music?
Rock/metal, rap, and dubstep
9. Who is your favorite athlete?
My favorite athlete is LeBron James because of everything he embodies on and off the court.
10. What is your favorite drink?
Water or Monster Zero Ultra.
11. If you were an animal which animal would it be and why?
A lion because they are the kings. They are the top of the food chain.
12. What other sport would you play?