- Name: Hinwa Allieu
- Height: 6’4”
- Position: DL
- College: University of Nebraska at Kearney
- Twitter: @HinwaA
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Sierra Leone in west Africa. What I love must about my hometown is the value of gratitude that it instilled in me. Any opportunity is a great opportunity to be great.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, strength and conditioning, film study. Even though film study is very important as a defensive lineman we are paid to react. I am a hands-on type of learner, doing something is the best way to learn. Practicing the scheme, we will be running and seeing on gameday is the best way to succeed. Strength and conditioning shows in the 4th quarter. Film study helps decipher plays faster on the field.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about the future because I do not know what it holds. I hope it holds the right direction.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I have a lot of failures that I have overcome but the one that is football related is. Starting as a true freshman my team went 1-10 I took that as a great learning curve to want to work my hardest to make sure I help put my team in the best position to win every game.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• The high energy I bring to the game, playing the game like I was still a kid playing in the back yard. Flying around
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• QB Brook Bolles from UCM
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would pursue a career as a Construction Manager.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I do not see the benefit of this question. I will try my hardest to save my family member plus the three strangers. Every life has value.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be the hulk because. Because the hulk basically has two personalities. Bruce Banner being the calm and levelheaded one, but the hulk is in the background ready to go when the time is right.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity was living in Africa before I was provided the opportunity to go to school in America.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Getting a tackle for loss on the first defensive play of the game in the bowl game my team went to. It set the tone for entire game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ambition by wale
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My ability to pick up things and learn fast
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my grandma back so i could meet her for the first time ever.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The chocolate fountain
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL is Jason Pierre Paul.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. Because being respected lasts a whole lot longer than being liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Michael Vick with the dog fighting issues he had. Because he was a great player.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I want to win at everything I do. I am a competitor.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents are the biggest influences in my life I learn how to be hard working and achieve my dream from them.