- Name: Gene Carson
- Height: 6”2
- Position: P/K
- College: Bowie State University
- Twitter: @KING__G2
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I love how closely knit we are as a community. It’s a small town and everyone knows each other or has a mutual friend. It’s quiet and usually fun with the MGM near by.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would say that it is different for my position. Strength and Conditioning would be first for me. Apart of this process is flexibility. That’s essential for Specialists. Next would be practice. Perfect Practice creates Perfect Habits. Then Film Study, knowing your opponent is half the battle.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I control what I can control and worry about doing my job to the best of my ability.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed in the championship game on misreading the wind. I hit a kickoff out of bounds and later sealed the game hitting a crucial FG late in the 4th in order for my university to secure my teams second consecutive championship room.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say that my athleticism and passion are my best qualities.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Trent Cannon is the Best Player I have played against.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a media producer of movies, TV shows, and a radio personality.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room. Honestly I make my bed every day. Keep where you lay your head clean and the rest shall follow.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose my sister. My mother and father have lived their lives and worked to provide the best future for us. I would save my sister and move forward with life.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Will Smith in the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I love his personality and the family. He is my role model and it’s been a dream of mine since a child.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was taking care of sister when my mother was sick. I overcame it by having an excellent support system and having her as my motivation to succeed.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was being the cause of my fall without anyone touching me in a game.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play was hitting the go head Field Goal in the championship game my senior year. Winning Back to Back was an amazing feeling to go out on top.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Heaven or Hell by Meek Mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Mental Toughness is the most important trait.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back Bernie Mac and ask him about adversities in life. He was a comedian but his story was incredible.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• THE KINGS KLUB
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Ladainian Tomlinson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected for my true self. I would want to be comfortable being real and who I truly am then to be liked for the benefit of others whether entertainment or business.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor. His playing style and personality inspired me. He is the reason I wore 21 in High School. He had the Mamba Mentality and was naturally instinctive.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I Hate to Lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My grandfather. He has been there for me for as long as I can remember. He is the only family that has truly Always been there for me no matter what. He has never changed or turned his back on me or my family. I am forever grateful.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Shane Solberg, WR, Northwestern College (Iowa)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 25 mins ago
- Last Chance:5 Upcoming 2021 Free Agents That Need to Prove Their Worth nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/free-a… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/Cow1x06WB8
about 35 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 20, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Aaron Watson, CB, North Greenville University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kentavious Thomas, RB, Fort Valley State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago