- Name: Derek Dunn
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 210
- Position: OLB /S
- College: Texas Lutheran
- Twitter: Dcdunn52
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Houston TX and one of the aspects I love about the city is the culture and the aesthetic of the city especially with many notable figures, music and Traditions originating from Houston
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I believe Strength and Conditioning is most important because I believe it brings out confidence to play and creates a part of the mental toughness aspect of football and Offseason program is where the beginning of the season starts for all football teams, Film study is second in importance because analyzing your opponent and the scheme they will be running is truly important and watching yourself will make you an even better player and then practice is where it all comes together
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not reaching to my potential or not being where I need to be in life. Also worry about my family and friends
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My freshman hear of college ,we went through a 2-8 season which I failed in starting college off with a strong start but I vowed to have a better season and to make improvements over time which we did with an 8-2 record last season.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• That I’m a hard working ,relentless player who doesn’t give up no matter what is put against me.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jaquan Hemphill
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Strength Coach or personal training, maybe even for celebrities and athletes or voice actor.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first because I believe your room being dirty creates bad habits in every aspects of life.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My one family member because I have all the world for my family and wouldn’t want one of the them to be harmed
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Goku because I always wanted to be a Super Saiyan
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Many times in my football career, I was at spots where I never thought I would be in like when I pulled my hamstring early in fall camp one year and dropped to the bottom of the depth chart and had to work my way all the way up.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Losing to Southwestern 59-35 and having them mock my team on social media
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• When I scored my first collegiate touchdown from a forced fumble return
What song best describes your work ethic?
• We dreamin by Tee Grizzley or Lose yourself by Eminem
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My speed, physicality and my perseverance will help me succeed at the next level
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• One of my best friends from college who passed a couple years ago ,Tyrell
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Whitney Merculis
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because being respected takes you a longer than being liked and being respected shows you hold other people and yourself accountable
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aldon Smith
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose because winning should be expected with hard work and great preparation for each game
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My Mother because she really is the reason why I am the way I am and will always be an example for me that a person can be kind ,hard working, intelligent, have great integrity and spread positivity
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Could Texans RB David Johnson miss the remainder of the season? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/david-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago
- Check him out college coaches twitter.com/jeudyjason/sta…
about 38 mins ago
- Last Chance:Colts punter Rigoberto Sanchez reveals that he has cancer and requires surgery nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/rigobe…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Samuel Cosmi, OT, University of Texas nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/samuel… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Daniel Jones Injury Update, Good news, he did not tear his Hamstring… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago