- Name: DeAngelo Antoine
- Position: WR
- Height: 5100
- Weight: 188
- College: Florida Atlantic University
1. Tell us about your hometown and what you love most about it.
My hometown is Orlando, FL. Although it is a big city so to speak, I have a small circle of dependable people that I can always find in Orlando. It’s also great football weather. You can play football year-round. I loved that growing up. My friend and I would play football all day every day.
2. List these three in order of importance and why:
Film Study: I can study my opponents in anticipation of how a play can go. This game is more mental than physical.
Practice: To be the best player you have to put in the practice on season and off season. Practice is what you have to do constantly to be on top of your game. It’s a study guide. Makes you confident to perform well.
Strength and Conditioning: In order to keep up with the physical demands of the game I need my body at maximum performance level. Only through strength and conditioning will I achieve and maintain this.
3. What do you worry about and why?
I worry about failing. Why?
There is so much I want to do. I want to give back to my community and make a difference in the lives of people who have supported me and stuck with me through thick and thin. I want to achieve my desired vision and goals that I set for myself.
4. Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
The first time I took the ACT. Wasn’t as easy as I thought. I had to go to tutoring and buckle down to pass it.
5. What do you teammates say is your best quality?
My Character. I am easy to approach and an all-around good guy. Takes a lot to make me angry, I will speak for myself and I am fair.
6. Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
7. What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
I would be in real-estate
8. Room, desk and car – which would you clean first?
Room. I like things in order.
9. If there was a disaster and you could save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
Family. Family comes first.
10. If you could be any television or move character, who would you be and why?
Denzel Washington. He is an excellent actor and whatever part he plays comes easily. He becomes that part. Great Acting!
11. Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
Being overlooked at USF and doubting my career path. I had to speak up for myself with leadership and make some hard core decisions not sure about how my love of playing would develop.
12. What is your most embarrassing moment?
When I cut my own hair as a child. Too funny! I cut a strip down the middle and my Grandma made me go out like that.
13. What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
I broke a tackle immediately after catching a bubble screen pass before running to the other side of the field and zigzagging through defenders on my way to the end zone.
14. What song best describes your work ethics?
Rod Wave “Misunderstood”
15. What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or on-physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
Being Adaptable. My next level may take me places I’ve never been and expose me to environments I have never seen. I want to be able to adjust well.
16. If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
Martin Luther King. So he could he could see his “speech” dreams fulfilled.
17. If you were to open a dance club what would you name it?
The Touchdown Night Club
18. Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
19. Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
Respected. People don’t have to like me – but respect comes with an unquestionable why.
20. What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
Michael Vick. He made definite mistakes and used poor judgement – but he has paid a valuable debt to society. It’s only fair to respect that and give him another chance.
21. Do you love to win or hate to lose?
Hate to Lose
22. Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My Grandma. She paved the way for me with her hard-working ethics. I watched her struggle growing up and I appreciate her perseverance and contributions to my success.