• Name: Chris Platt
• Height: 5’11
• Weight: 175
• Position: WR
• College: Baylor University
• Twitter: chrisplatt14
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Crockett, TX that’s a rather small town in east texas, but has most of the things you would need. Most of my family on my dad side lives in Crockett along with several friends as well. What I love most about the town is that since is so small everyone knows everybody and it’s a good feeling when I come back the love they give and the countless of times of stories they tell of me as a kid that I don’t remember.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Film Study, Practice and my reason why is that because availability is the best ability and you won’t be any use to the team if you are side lined with injuries. Secondly film study and practice were tough to pick because without the film study you won’t be able to practice efficiently and without practice you won’t be able to work on technique, route running, seeing coverages that could come up in the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being enough and able to provide for my future family. I’m a big family guy and would hope to have a family soon, and it would scare me to death not being able to provide for them and set them up in the best position possible.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In Highschool my junior year I won state 2 years in a row. As regionals approached, I lost and got second place headed into state. The next two weeks I took it very seriously with my recovering as I was experiencing back problems. In my workouts I push myself so hard to the point I could barely walk after and in result of it I won the 400 Texas state championship and I PR’d.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would say my best quality is being able to get the point across without yelling or cussing and being able to listen and be the calm guy in the storm.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Best player I’ve ever played against was Kris Boyd
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My career would either be a coach or something in the area of tech design
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room, car then desk. I do feel like room and desk goes together
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Without thinking I would save my family member without flinching. I’m a huge family guy and I love family time and being around them so if I were to ever be in that situation I would choose my family member first
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’d probably be the arrow. Just a show im really hooked on and he still has some type of normal life along with his vigilante life and he helps his city.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity would have to be the 2017 season when I lost all my coaches and went into a season with a brand new coaching staff, having a promising break out season and then tearing my ACL. I took all things head on and I learned on god through it all. I also couldn’t have done it all without my support system that was there with me during the hard times.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment would probably be almost slipping the bowling alley trying to get a ball unstuck from the side.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My most memorable play would be 2016 vs Oklahoma state scoring the 3rd longest play in Baylor History.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hustle Hard by Ace Hood
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• For me it would probably more upper body strength. I think that would help me succeed more at the next level
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would probably be Tupac, he was very wise from the songs I still listen to today. Id love to just sit down and talk to him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Plattinum Night Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Steve Sims, Redskins
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. If you try to do things for you to be liked you are playing it too safe. Sometimes if you want to be great especially as a teammate you have to tell them things they need to hear and not what they want to hear so they like you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, hes been through a lot and he developed a bad habit that has put his career on hold multiple times. He could easily still be owning the league if he had things right, but he doesn’t and I hope he does soon.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Coach Kaz, he’s been a strength coach for me before the coaching changes and he wasn’t just a coach who taught us proper ways to lift but he also gave us life lesson and I appreciated that a lot being a young athlete at that point when I thought the whole world was coming down on me. Felt like I could go talk to him about anything or just chop it up with him.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: William Waddell, OL, Western Illinois University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Oklahoma Football: Spencer Rattler’s Strengths & Improvements | Film Analysis (Kansas State Game)… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 28 mins ago
- Utah High School football star one of three people arrested for brutally beating a man with wooden blocks and a pol… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 42 mins ago
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Gianni D’Arienzo, DB, William Jewell College… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for June 18, 2021 | Signings, Roster Cuts and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/workou… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Obinna Eze. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Chris Ferguson. Together we...
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...
In this video, we break down film, QB Spotlight owner Steven Hamner breaks down...