- Name: Chase Johnston
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 241
- Position: LB
- College: Kansas State University-Pittsburg State University
- Twitter: chasejohnston13
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Carl Junction was a small town just outside of Joplin Missouri. I lived there until I was 18 and I have a lot of fond memories there with friends and family. The thing I loved most about it was the small town feel and how everybody was really close.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning comes first because you have to have it to reach your full athletic potential and giving yourself the best chance to be successful from a physical aspect. Second, you have to be prepared mentally through watching film because it allows you to be in the right place at the right time to do your job effectively and make big plays. Lastly, you have to practice well because it prepares you for the speed in which you will play on game days.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my success because it is one of the only things that I have control over. Every day you have a choice to become better or worse at what you do and if you’re not taking advantage of the time you have you will not succeed.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed at making the final cut for the 100 meter dash in high school track. I came back the next year faster and made the cut and was on all of the sprint relays as well as a state finalist in throwing events.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They say that I’m a hard worker and dedicated to my job and craft.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Christian McCaffrey
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a high school teacher and football/track coach.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Desk, then Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member because of how much they mean to me. I think you have to be loyal to your family no matter what.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I think it would be cool to be the rock because he gets to be in a lot of action and comedy movies and he’s a former athlete.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Dealing the death of my aunt at a young age was difficult, but I overcame it by relying on my close family to get through it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Having to do a dance routine in front of an entire audience in college.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• When I got my first sack in Bill Snyder Family Stadium at K-State.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Middle Child J. Cole
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Speed you can’t compete without it in the NFL.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My uncle Chris because I never got to meet him and even though he wasn’t around I looked up to him because he played college football too.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Friends in Low Places
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• James Conner
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Because anybody can be liked if you are nice to people. People who are respected tell it like it is and you never question what they tell you because they are always honest.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Joshua Perry because he had to give the game up because he had to many concussions despite the potential he had and the work he put in.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I think I hate to lose because I don’t even enjoy a victory. As soon as one game is over it is time to start preparing for the next.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mom and dad have supported my decisions my entire life and they gave me the platform I needed to be where I am today.