- Chaiten Tomlin
- Mount St. Joseph University
- 180 LBS.
- Hometown: Mt. Orab, Ohio
- Twitter: @ChaitenTomlin2
2019 Accolades & Statistics:
- 2019 HCAC All-Conference First Team.
- GP: 10
- CMP-ATT: 222-347
- Passing Yards: 2,943
- CMP%: 63.98
- YPC: 13.26
- YPA: 8.48
- TDs: 31
Congratulations on the All-Conference honors. What was your initial emotion when receiving the news? Who is the first person you shared it with?
First, thank you. My first emotion was the feeling of excitement because it’s always great to be nominated for first-team honors by all the other coaches in the league. The first person I had told was my mom and dad. Those two have been very supportive throughout my college career and my go-to people so it was only right to tell them first.
What have you taken away the most from Coach Hopperton, Coach Jackson and the rest of the Mount St. Joseph coaching staff?
The main thing I took from Coach Hopp was to have fun but also stay on your grind. He also taught me it’s better to be very personal with people than to be in their ear every second of the day. Coach Boo was very personable also. It was very easy to get along with someone like Coach Boo because he had played the Quarterback position as well and had a very successful career at OU. The knowledge he had taught us over the past 3 years definitely helped my teammates and myself become better football players. Want to give a big thank you to Coach Huber and Coach Corrill for recruiting me and giving me the opportunity to play college football
When football is over, what do you aspire to do in the professional world?
Financial Planner/Advisor. My main goal in life is to invest my money into companies or businesses so I can end up with around 4-5 residual incomes.
What separates you from other players at the quarterback position?
IQ. Definitely on Hudl a lot and learning coverages, rotations, all that good stuff so I would say being a film junky works to my advantage. Also, competitiveness. I hate to lose more than I love to win.
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
- Toughest Player – Isaac Zickafoose.
- Best Player – Chase Burton.
I’ve read you’re an avid golfer. What’s your low round? Are you more of a long-driver or a clutch putter?
Love to golf. My lowest round was shot this summer at a course on the east side of Cincinnati by the name of “Legendary Run,” and it was a 71. I would like to think I’m a scratch golfer. My dad growing up always told me, “drive for show, putt for dough,” so I would like to say putting is my best attribute in the golf game.
You’ve cited your favorite musicians as 2Pac, John Mayer, Justin Timberlake, and Luke Combs. If you could choose an eight-song setlist (two songs each) for that quartet, what would they be?
- 2 Pac – Anything off of All Eyez On Me, Ambitionz az a ridah, 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted.
- John Mayer – Neon (Live at LA), Your Body is a Wonderland.
- Justin Timberlake – Until The End Of Time, Summer Love.
- Luke Combs – Houston We Got a Problem, This One’s For You.
If your life was a book, what would the title be?
“Sophisticated, Yet Flamboyant.”
Give me your Mount Rushmore of all-time quarterbacks, past or present. What made you choose these four players?
- Tom Brady – GOAT, even though I’m a Peyton Manning fan.
- Drew Brees – A class act guy, plays the game the right way.
- Brett Favre – Loved watching him play as a kid, love his story.
- Peyton Manning – My favorite QB of all time.
Is there a current or former NFL player you emulate your game after?
Drew Brees. Undersized but just keeps striving and making plays.
Let’s take a trip back to the first day of your freshman year at Western Brown High School. What advice would you give yourself then, knowing what you know now?
Nobody in high school is really your friend. They are looking forward to the next day, not their future. Very small-minded people in highschool.
If I’m in Cincinnati on a Saturday night during the Fall, where is the one place I have to eat?
Skyline – Just a Cincinnati ritual. But 2 restaurants I recommend to everyone are Jeff Ruby’s Precinct and also Pappadeaux. I love filets and seafood
You’re in front of all 32 NFL General Managers and have 15 words or less to give them your pitch on why Chaiten Tomlin will be an asset to their organization for years to come. What do you tell them?
Will give you my all, invest in me I will invest myself for this organization.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Come on, we only got 6 retweets? Ya'll better be watching this show tonight. You may make me stutter too, because… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 36 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- ICYMI:2017 NFL Re-Draft: Browns take Patrick Mahomes with the first overall pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2017-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Oh no you see it! #TheRicoReport bringing on your boy? The passionate one! This is going to be fun! Make sure you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago