- Name: Zachery Curry
- Height: 6020
- Weight: 270
- Position: DL
- College: Ouachita Baptist University
- Twitter: @Zach_615
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born and raised in Nashville, Tennessee. It’s a growing city and changes every time I come home. I love East Nashville, the food, and I love my family and friends. It’s what makes Nashville home
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would say strength and conditioning first, because of the grind football puts on your body you have to take care of your body. Then I would say practice, because technique is a very important part of being a great player; you have to craft your game everyday. Last but not least there’s film, film is very important as well, as you must study yourself and your opponent. All 3 of these go hand in hand, and what separate good from great.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my future, because my biggest fear is failure and I just want to make it
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My first semester of college I was ineligible and I flunked out of Tennessee State University, I had to appeal to get back in school, and to get FASFA. Once they let me back in school I didn’t stop trying to get my grades together and stay in shape. I ended up going from a .6 gpa to a 2.7 gpa and a 3.5 gpa my final semester at TSU before I transferred to my Juco Mt. San Antonio College. That failure lead to my biggest accomplishments as I graduated with my Associates in Kinesiology and receiving a full to a good university again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic, energy, I’m a warrior on the field, I leadership, and overall love of the game.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I never had a offensive lineman give me to many problems in a game, but I would say practice against my teammates Cori Gooseberry, our All-American LT at OBU, Beeno, my teammate from Mt. Sac now at USC player tackle, and Jessamen Dunker from TSU, who is a MFL free agent. We battled at practice daily and those guys stood out more to me than any opponent. Iron sharpens iron and we always brought it at practice.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Life without football is a hard thought, because I been chasing my dream so long, but I also like Kinesiology so I always planned to Coach or be a Athletic Trainer if football didn’t workout.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk first, room, then car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• That’s hard, but I always take care of my family, so I would pick the one family member. I always put family first , but I care for all people
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Ghost from Power .
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My first year of Juco was hard financially and it almost kept me from play my 2nd year, because I couldn’t register for class and got behind in credits. Once me and my mom scrapped what we had together, I was able to register late spring, but only got 1 class. So that following summer period I took 17 hours and earned my eligibility after the 1st game of the year.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I would say flunking out my first semester of college
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I would say it’s was last season against Harding University. I didn’t play as much that game but on HU’s last drive the ran a counter veer play that would have scored probably if I wouldn’t have tackled him. We end up winning a last second nail bitter, 7-3. That was one of the biggest plays of that game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nipsey Hussle – Grinding All My Life
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My football IQ, I have a true knowledge and understanding of the game
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandma, because when I was little I spent so much time with her, and we use to talk about everything. I use to tell her what I wanted to do & what I wanted to be. I just want her to see how far I’ve came.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Boom Boom Room
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Most DL, but Grady Jarrett . He’s a dawg for sure for that struggling ATL Falcon team.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because you can like me or dislike me, but you’ll always have to respect me. That’s some I just stand on, because what’s a man without respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick, with all he has went through for standing up for what he believes and knows is right. He lost his career and may never get it back.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win and hate to lose. That’s just hard to pick from, because I’m a competitor for sure, but when it’s all said and done, I hate to lose and refuse too.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I would say my mother, because without all she has sacrificed and did for me, I wouldn’t be who I am or where I am. I love her for that and that’s what keeps me going. Making her proud and all my family and friends proud.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Shane Solberg, WR, Northwestern College (Iowa) | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom Interview youtu.be/hf-_t7tvjE0
about 11 mins ago
- Did You See This:Dolphins name Tua Tagovailoa their starting quarterback over Ryan Fitzpatrick… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- MLB Postseason Walkoff History ift.tt/3kgP3Z1
about 30 mins ago
- Nate Bjorkgren Becomes New Indiana Pacers Coach ift.tt/3kgYEyF
about 30 mins ago
- Did You See This:Head Coach Rankings After Six Weeks of NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/head-c… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/oBfTaAZOiA
about 37 mins ago